Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cutting back for elastic/bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting back for elastic/bushing

It's been suggested that I should cut back all my tips to the same length and use the same size bushes for power top 2s regardless of elastic size.
    I use solid/latex only in 12, 14-16 & 18-20.
    Also, then match the cupping kit length to suit.
    Does anyone have an opinion?

I have a daiwa g8. I have removed the number 1 section from the match kits and have cut all my power kits back to the same length as the match kits and fitted them with a big bush from fishermans friend. Also have my cupping kit the same length. This has made things a lot simpler as I can change top kits, etc. and feed all lines and not have to worry about being in the wrong part of the swim. Also cutting the power kits back this far as really made a difference to the way the elastic performs. It really works much better.

Comment

hi, sorry to but in, but i have bush problems. i have just bought the biggest i could i find external bushes to fit my second section. i thought it was 5.5mm across, but no , slightly bigger. they are future bushes. can i heat them to make them stretch???? does anyone know where i can buy bigger ones. thanks all.
      :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

i can make you bushes to fit
        [url]http://www.freewebs.com/ackoos--floats/[/url]

Comment

excellent, i need 3 , slightly bigger than 5.5mm. 5.7 ish i guess. do you need the sections? how much do they cost. cheers wilf.

Comment

where to in bath mate as i ned exact size

Comment

in combe down,

Comment

i will be in the park and ride car park at 10.30 tommorrow at newbridge just bring a top[ so i can messure it if your about

Comment

ok, how long do they take to make, how much, i dont know what you look like.

Comment

just pmed you mate

Comment

mate id use internal, i used to use external but had a few times were the line rapped round them so changed to internal , and yes mate make them all the same lenght its always in the same place every time as long as the elastic runs free with space around it they will be ok mate, the one thing ill ask why use 18-120 stuff you animal i no poles state they will take it that strong but its no good for the pole mate or fish ive changed to the double elastic method and wouldn't go back to the old ways now mate i get everythin out on double no.10's if they am big lumps id use double no.12's max
                      [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

yeah iv had to use 5.5mm for my elastics on my new pole, didnt realise how thick the top kits were, preston so the stretch in 5.5 and it think 6.5 but i needed a 5.7 so i just stretched my bush by sliding it down a match kit that was not made up, it stretched it perfectly, was a strugle getting off the match kit but worked, i only use no20 elastic for my margin lumps as were i fish the lumps are 14-18lb so its needed

Comment

Working...
                        X