Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pond rage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pond rage

went fishing with my mate yesterday to trinity waters, we fished wildmarsh lake which is a 70 pegger. spent hours deciding on which part to fish, got there at 6 am only to find a small tented village ,and about 300 rods pointing in evey derection you could imagine. i was a bit gutted, so we decided to give the carpers a wide berth. found a couple of pegs well away from them and stated fishing. we were enjoying a bit of friendly banter when all hell broke lose. all we could hear were expletives coming from both sides of the lake as 1 carper took offence to another, casting about 100 yards out of his swim. it turned into a full on arguement. after a few handbags they returned to their swims muttering out loud.
    i go fishing because i enjoy it, and have never had an arguement with anyone regarding it. can they not fish all together, in happy way lol. anybody else seen this type of behaviour. ?????? cheers.
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Its weird but these boys take it very serious indeed. Some of them want to place their baits within inches of the bank opposite in the hope a large carp patrolling the margins will pick up their boilie. And when the lake is full there is bound to be some crossed lines so to speak and who has rights over that hotspot etc.
    And to think them margin carp will be swimming under their own feet then why not target them, no need to chuck to the horizon. I don't know how us boys with poles manage to catch anything !!

Neilio.
    The inspiration behind the Maver C-Loc method feeder.

Comment

The only argument i,ve had when fishing was when two young lads that had been left at the fishery by their parents,They started to swearing and calling each other rude names as i had my thirteen year old son with me i asked them to stop swearing a few times.Then another angler who was sat in the next peg told me to leave them alone and said werent you young once and i said yes but i never swore like that and he called me a sad old b*****d which ensued in an argument with him and then some other anglers said that they didn,t want to hear that kind of language eithter so in the end they all shut up.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm specimen anglers tool for the job they say "i say tool doing the job"..i dislike them most of them sit in the bivey smoking weed like i said tool
        Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Most of them are dead head's.!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dead head,tool,dope smoker,it looks like i dont need to go farther than my pc to receive insults. Regards Peter.
            Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Peter, your the man. i hope i didnt offend with my comments, i have nothing against specimen hunters. im sure you dont do the above. lol. cheers mark

Comment

No way,Mark, everyone is entitled to enjoy thier fishing without having the problems you described.i suppose im lucky but ive never had a confrontation with an ANGLER on the bank,but then as fish farmer keeps saying who would want to pick on an ugly brute like me lol.

Comment

By the way Mark,took a look at thier web site,nice looking place,how much to bivvy up for a month lol

Comment

its a cracking venue, plenty of choice, lots of huge carp, all species. the guy i spoke to who was camped up had been there since friday. £5 a day, not sure about nights though. the actual specimen lake is more expensive i think. lets hope the carpers all got on during the rest of their stay. probably still there arguing it out. cheers ..

Comment

Working...
                    X