Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Ideas where to fish ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas where to fish ?

I am from North West London. I have fished in and around the Watford area. There are few lakes that I have heard of locally and would like to know whether anyone would know any decent places to fish in the area. I have done a bit of fishing at the GUC (Grand Union Canal), however, I havn't been extremely successful. Any good places to fish at and location would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Ant

You could try Gaywoods Fishery in Kings Langley. Its a day ticket water. I used to fish there a few years back. I had some good pleasure sessions there.

Gaywoods Fishery Kings Langley Hertfordshire for Coarse Fishing for Carp Perch Roach Rudd Tench

Comment

Thanks They got many big fish in there? Also is it a good place for a beginner?

Comment

Its perfect for beginners. The place is stuffed with fish. I would advise using very big baits because the Rudd will take absolutely everything you chuck in. There are plenty of Carp, Tench and even Barbel. Big cubes of meat work well.

Take note of the rules because the owners are very strict and will kick you out without thinking twice.
        Last edited by Nick D; 19 August 2009, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks
          Do you think luncheon meat is the best option ? They said it was one of the best on the website, and some corn for tench. Would you recommend any other baits there? Your advice on all my questions has been really great btw!

Comment

Meat always worked for me. You could try and experiment but if you use anything small you will get pestered by Rudd.

Comment

Ah, ok. Do they have any large Rudd, or would you say it would be better going for carp and tench etc? Carp and tench are my passion but I wouldn't mind catching Rudd if they are well sized.

Comment

I would go for the Carp and Tench. Ledger a cube of meat or something big.

If you want Rudd then set up a shallow waggler and they will take baits like corn on the drop. They are quite decent in size too if you can get the big ones going.

As i said before, the Rudd are a pain in the arse!!

Comment

Thanks mate. Will try and get down there some time soon. So do you live in round that area ? Pm me if you want

Comment

I live in Borehamwood which is about 20 minutes or so away from Watford.

Comment

Ah ok, any good lakes in the area?

Comment

Working...
                      X