Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

angling trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angling trust

is the angling trust doomed or will e.a. chip in i doubt it
    nige cooke

Well it could be doomed if people persist in thinking it has no benefit to them.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

apathy. justin people do not realise the true importance of a national body who are there solely to protect anglers from polluters .and promote angling whether course sea and game fishing
      nige cooke

Comment

Your probably half right cookie 20 quid isnt that much money when you look at the big picture but so many are using the money as a reason for not joining

the problem is public awareness or the complet lack of it, they needed to start a lot slower in my opinion and build from there, there expectations were far too big
        [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
        [CENTER] [/CENTER]
        [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
        [CENTER] [/CENTER]
        [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
        [CENTER] [/CENTER]
        [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

a levy on the rod licence might be the answer a quid would do it and the e.a.could match it with their,s it would be nice for water companie,s to chip in seen as its them that do most of the polluting in the first place. oh i forgot they are selve governing now so we will take that as a no shall we
          nige cooke

Comment

Originally posted by cookie44 View Post
            a levy on the rod licence might be the answer a quid would do it
            Especially if they made sea anglers have to buy a licence as well
            The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
            Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
            Check out:
            www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
            log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

I dont get this bit about the EA chipping in, the EA are not a governing body for angling and never were, they are controllers of the environment, yes they do cover fishery work but thats only part of their remit as supposed guardians of our waterways.
              The Angling Trust is failing because its not getting its message through, why have they not used forums such as ours to get the message across and answer the questions that are posed, yes they do know about us as the Head of Marketing and Communications is a member of this site. Just maybe the might get a feel of what the rank and file anglers think.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

they keep taking twenty seven million and them some so i suspect they are a governing body of angling. this money all of it should be put back in to angling instead of propping the e.a. shortfall i.e flood defences which should come from central goverment and not us !
                nige cooke

Comment

Cookie if you believe that I suggest you do a bit of research, you will find that the EA budget is a lot greater than 27 million from anglers, you might even be surprised as to how much of it is used to fund the EA fish farms, to the netting - electro fishing, the bailiffing of waters, providing support when fish are dying through polution or low oxygen levels. and they are still not the ruling body for angling.

Comment

show me a balance sheet
                    nige cooke

Comment

Iam sure that should you care to search the EA site you will find the answer a quick search identified this, which makes our contribution through licence fees look lie loose change

The Environment Agency has 13,500 employees, an annual budget of more than £1.1bn a year, and is responsible for protecting and improving the environment of England and Wales. We also have responsibility for protecting communities from the risk of flooding and managing water resources.

We endeavour to be as transparent and open as possible. We have therefore chosen to publish a breakdown of expenses and other costs for our Chief Executive, Chairman and highest-earning directors, as well as a list of events hosted by the organisation.

Other regular procurement card costs are for periodic meetings of Environment Agency Directors. This minimises other travel and meeting costs.

We will continue to publish these details, and any others that are requested, for each new financial year.

Comment

have you not got any balance figures on how the e.a. spend our money because i cannot find any .answers on a postcard to [email protected]
                        nige cooke

Comment

Working...
                        X