Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

so now we know....the trust is in trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so now we know....the trust is in trouble

so what do you intend to do about it.....nothing....join......or sit on the fence and let others sort it
    Join
    14.68%
    not Join
    28.44%
    sit on fence like anglers are expert at
    13.76%
    already member
    43.12%
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Well said Larry. I am already a member but get the feeling a lot of anglers will again be burying their heads and hoping it all goes away. Most of these will be the first to complain when no one is tackling pollution on their favourite stretch of water, etc. 20 flippin quid, what a shame people hold our sport in such low regard but expect maximum returns.

Comment

Im already a member too
      [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

should have made that an option?

Comment

Already a member.

Comment

When they kicked off I tried on 4 occasions to join and got knocked back. In addition, I spoke to Mark Lloyd about working with them to help them to hit their membership target, and was told they didb't need any help. In replying I made the point that both the ACA and NFA were non commercial organisations who might struggle to get upto speed, again he told me they were fine!
            I know it's easy to speak after the fact, but given the low calibre of staff at both organisations it's no surprise at all that it failed. Im actually surprised it took so long!
            An enormous chance missed
            Can't catch enough.....

Comment

Just found this shows some of the work the trust is doing at present.

YouTube - Angling Trust - Coaching & Development

Comment

Hey Larry your should have made that an option lol
                [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
                [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
                [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
                [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Also a member.
                  Steve Davies

Comment

Im also a member and in that video that was me at the very begining for the angling trust so lets hope we get more members come on lads join

Comment

Sadly, even this post will probably only be read by people who are members already or know about the Trust. The vast majority, ie: the ones who need to know and be persuaded to join, will not read the post.

Just finished a long chat with an ex-Trustee of the ACA, he has been cut off by the Trust (he feels). I mentioned to him, as I have to others in positions of influence in similar bodies and the angling media, that I think 20,000 is the maximum figure for active interest in angling and associated issues.

The Angling Trust are halfway to hitting that target. I think that is a result.

They are extremely disappointed by the response to date.

Something else to ponder:
                      The Trust have a Marketing chap whose job includes ensuring membership increases. It is part of his job description.
                      Another part of his job description, in fact the most important part, is to ensure our rivers are restored to natural habitat as far as possible. Perfect otter territory actually.

Now I have no big issue with the otter debate and don't have a problem with them flourishing. But many anglers do and they are being whipped up by the press.
                      But, if the Marketing chap doesn't support habitat (and species like otters) restoration as the major part of his remit, WWF, who actually pay his wages, may withdraw funding for his post and the Trust will no longer have that person working to recruit new members.

That, I feel, is a big quandry and a very difficult one for Mark Lloyd to square.

I have a lot of time for Mark, but I still feel that the Trust will take a long time to settle and beat off the critics. It seems that a siege mentality is starting to set in there and I'm not sure it is helpful.
                      The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
                      Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
                      Check out:
                      www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
                      log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

angher bad bit of news

this is very concerning for anglers nation wide and think we should do something before its too late guys this is our sport and we love it right? so why not join and show them our support without fishing i would go mad so sighn up and show youre fellow anglers u care ure sport depend on it

Comment

160 hits...........and 19 votes..says it all........ although i did miss a few members early yesterday they had no where to vote..its a great shame that so few feel so strong..i really dont know what to say...Brian G would delete what i think about the people that are not concerned... and maybe its a good job i cannot see who polled what.yet again anglers dont care about there own sport

Comment

already a member

Comment

Already a member Larry
                              Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
                              If you havnt got a good partner.
                              Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

Working...