Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Flying Bream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Bream

I was fishing at Staunton court for the first time in years yesterday expecting to catch a few Carp an ended up sat in front of a shoal of skimmers.
    About every third or fourth fish launched itself clear out of the water two or three times before suddenley giving up, I've never exerienced Bream doing this before just wondered if its peculiar to the fishery or does it happen anywhere else?

Hey Robin it happens elsewhere too its a specific strain of Bream that does this caught some 4-6 pounders at North farm Warks last week and they all tail walked at least twice great fun huh? regards Stewart

Comment

They do it on commercials everywhere

There is no proven explanation I have had them as big as 4 lb leaping out,

It only seems to be the commercail fisheries where they do this, its rare on a natural water
      [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Yeh i had one jump straigth into a tree and come off when i was fishing at broad acres.

Does make you chuckle tho
        The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
        [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

The ones I get that fly mostly seem to come from shallow fisheries but saying that I have had one or two from the deeper ones as well
          A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

at Lake john they do it on the feeder too dragging the feeder with it
            [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Have actually witnessed one jump clear out of the water and onto the bank.
              Lad was fishing down the edge at 12 meters.
              He dropped his pole and ran round to pick the fish up.
              Hillarious to watch.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

flying bream

Bury Hill they are renowned for it!! At times the first indication you have a fish on the feeder is when the leaps out of the water!!

Comment

Happened to me the other day...Makes me chuckle when they 'Give it the Big-Un', when I think of the 'Wet-Sacks' I've dragged in, in the past...
                  (The Carp are training 'em, you heard it here first)... Taps Nose

Comment

it is great fun exspecially on small elastic brilliant to catch lol

Comment

rainbow flyers

Ive nicknamed them rainbow bream, as they leap out of the water like trout, i catch them quite often on quite a few pools , but the best flyers come out at Isaac Walton fishery at Chebsey, tey are great fun to catch

Comment

I reckon they get caught so often they know as soon as they feel the hook, they seem to bolt so quick im sure they are attempting to get slack between you and them in an effort to get off the hook,

Lake John is approx 6 ft deep the power needed for a 4lb bream to get from bottom to 4ft out the water is incredable and then repeat the stunt, I have had smaller specimens around 2lb do it all the way to the landing net

Spadger thats just nutts mate
                        [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                        [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                        [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                        [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

One of the funniest things i have ever witnessed Justin.
                          The thing came out like a rocket straight onto the bank and started break dancing.
                          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I was at monks on saturday whilst fishing the margin I fed a tosspot of goodies after about 5 seconds a barble launched itself from next to my float out about 20 ft into the lake, I was like WTF i must have put it right on his head and spooked it
                            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                            X