Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hair Rigg...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Rigg...

Could one of you knowledgable chaps or lasses on here explain to me the concept of using one the above,and what benefits you get...cus i am new to the modern game,and i keep coming accross the term.."Hair Rigg"..help me out chaps.

First developed for carp fishing,originaly tied useing a fine line tied to the shank of the hook to wich the bait was attatched,now usually tied with the hooklink useing the knotless knot.the principle is that the fish sucks in the bait and the bare hook,this often causes the hook to nick the fish causing it to bolt often hooking itself.the hair has a small loop on the end,this is pulled through the bait with the use of a baiting needle,a small stop is then passed thriugh the loop, and the bait pulled tight to this to stop it falling off.hope this helps its very easy to do but difficult to describe,if you cant follow this let me know and i will try to post a pic later.Regards Peter
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

try this

Comment

Ahh right now i get it..cheers Peter..so the method is usually used for ledering then m8,?or can they be used for float fishing aswell.

Comment

Running,semi fixed,freelined,float fished,on the suface with any bait you can think of.

Comment

has anybody got any bait stops or hair rigs i could have??

many thanks

Comment

You dont need bait stops, match anglers use spaghetti straight from the packet, just cut a small bit off the end. If you use the knotless knot you can tie your own using eyed hooks very easily.

Comment

mate a more simple thing is use a korum quick stop they work very very well mate its a tiny pointed bits of plastic with a hole in the middle slide your line through it tie it in a little loop then do your knotless knot but leave it about an inch from the hook use a korum spike you push it in the quick stop push it through you bait the quick stop turns round and the bait sits on it saves all the spagg and little dumb bells if you go in a tackle shop they will show you ive used them quite alot mate and wouldnt use any other method now so simple to use hope this helps if it dont tough lol lol
                [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

+1 on the korum quickstop,been using them a while now tied to a knotless knot,brilliant little things,saves faffing about with bait stops.

Comment

or, tie a small latex band in a small loop at the end of the hair, this can then be streched and pulled into many baits using a baiting needle. Best IMO for meat, corn, pellets and small boilies.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Jon W View Post
                      or, tie a small latex band in a small loop at the end of the hair, this can then be streched and pulled into many baits using a baiting needle. Best IMO for meat, corn, pellets and small boilies.

J
                      ?Do you have any pics showing a bit of detail bud.

Comment

you can buy pre tied hair rigged bands from most tackle shops ,Maver do them and a few others . you can band hard pellets direct ,or pull them through various baits , its easy to make up your own though as they are a bit expensive .

Cheers Roy............................................... ..............
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Guinness is good for you.

Comment

as someone who has also returned after 10 years & had never used a pellet or any of the modern stuff I have to say the korum quickstops are easy & foolproof
                          cheers, John
                          John

Comment

not that good at this computet/photo lark but I can try to explain how I do it when I tie a hook length for the mwthod feeder for example:

cut a lenght of lie around 1 ft in length
                            thread a 3.2mm latex band on to one end and tie it into a double overhand loop, making the loop as small as possible (2-3mm is ideal)
                            thread the other end of the line through the back of the eye of the hook (QM1 or B911 are what I have faith in)
                            tie a knotless knot, minimum of 8 turns and make sure the hair hangs off the back of the hook and the line is past through the back of the hook again.
                            tie a small loop at the other end of the hooklenght to may the hooklength the required lenght (2-3 inches for method feeder work for me)

When deciding the length of the hair, I like it to be long enough to allow the bait to be a few millimeters off the bottom of the hook.

You could always buy them ready tied but the quality isn't, IMO, as good as tying your own. (more expensive too!)

I hope this helps mate

J

Comment

God I wish I could spell!

Comment

Working...
                              X