Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pole Floats, what do you recommend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole Floats, what do you recommend.

I recently bought a few of the Preston Durafloats range numbers 8 and 9 and at first they were fine with no problems but on a match yesterday i was having problems with them sinking with the right amount of shot on them. Someone has said some floats get air into the joint of the eye causing them to do this, is this right? Im not happy if it is afer paying around £2+ for each float. What floats do you use and recommend lets say for carp on commies up to say a gram that dont let you down.
    Last edited by CRG147; 24 August 2009, 02:36 PM.

i use the maver black ice range i think there called that lol have not had any truble with them i did use browning floats but i had the same truble sinking after a couple of uses and sometimes just breaking lol

Comment

i have recently just purchased some duras having being told there super you cant go rong with them if you put clear nail varnish on them makes em alot harder so no scratching or worring about the floats chipping when a fish takes u into a snag
      :DFishinG Is GooD,CatchinG Is BetteR:D

Comment

forgot to mention ive been using the garbolino floats alot there brill for the money i use the dc 6 and 13
        :DFishinG Is GooD,CatchinG Is BetteR:D

Comment

get some hard as nails from your missus and give your floats a coat of it
          nige cooke

Comment

For commercial work id go with some Malman Snake 4's and Malman Adams.

Top notch floats and virtually impossible to break!!

Comment

the problem with the floats sinking is usually poor quality carbon stems they tend to absorb water

for a float in the same price range try the KC range Welcome to K.C. Angling's OFFICIAL KC Carpa pole float collection

they tend to be quite well thought out the force are quite tough along with the roc and margin if you want something thats indestructable then you need to go handmade, ackoo, Malman, wilkie, Le,mo, Hillbilly, john walker etc etc they all offer top quality flaots that go the distance for a little bit more

You could also buy yourself a tub of bristle grease to neutralise the sinking
              [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
                I recently bought a few of the Preston Durafloats range numbers 8 and 9 and at first they were fine with no problems but on a match yesterday i was having problems with them sinking with the right amount of shot on them. Someone has said some floats get air into the joint of the eye causing them to do this, is this right? Im not happy if it is afer paying around £2+ for each float. What floats do you use and recommend lets say for carp on commies up to say a gram that dont let you down.
                The dura's start leaking where the carbon pushe's into the body,the hole opens up slightly in time.just put some hard as nail's on it.

Comment

I use Durafloat no 6 for almost all of my fishing these days they cover all conditions, baits and depths, great float.
                  If they do start to sink I either put a bit of grease on the tip or take a shot off and replace with a stotz...

Carl.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

Asked the wife for her hard as nails and she told me to go buy my own at £5 a bottle... Looks like i will be sneaking into her make up bag when she,s asleep... I can except it if a float breaks but when its still ok and only been used a couple of times you shouldnt have to be removing shot or applying the wifes nail varnish to correct what should have been done when manufactured by these top companys.

Comment

Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
                      Asked the wife for her hard as nails and she told me to go buy my own at £5 a bottle... Looks like i will be sneaking into her make up bag when she,s asleep... I can except it if a float breaks but when its still ok and only been used a couple of times you shouldnt have to be removing shot or applying the wifes nail varnish to correct what should have been done when manufactured by these top companys.

Send them back to Preston then, the problem is we all strive for cheaper tackle and the manufacturers try to acheive our demands, sadly that often leads to cheaper materials being used.

If your float is visually undamaged the carbon stem is taking on water, bristle grease is a common product used by pole anglers some even slightly overshot floats then use the grease to hold the float up giving the tiniest amount of bristle on show
                      [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Duarfloats are very good. I use dura 6s and 7s for heavy duty carp workI tend to use a wide variety from the KC Carpa range

KC Cube - Up in the water fishing and in shallow water swims across on commie canals
                        KC Roc - All my margin work
                        KC Chimp - Winter carping in open water
                        KC Speed - silver fish
                        KC Raisor - Summer carping in open water.

I find that if your flaot does start to sink apply some bristle grease and this cures the prblem.

Comment

So is the Grease something you can buy from your tackle dealer or just from any DIY shop?

Comment

Vaseline will do or a Mucilin line dressing works just fine

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Mucilin is what I use coconut flavour lol , or coloured bristle grease you can buy it from most tackle shops
                              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                              [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X