Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pellet preparation for up in the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellet preparation for up in the water

What do you guys find best for up in the water fishing - which pellets and how do you prepare them prior to fishing?

Are you looking for a slow sinking pellet or something that makes a good noise when hitting the surface? Do you wet your pellets at all or dampen them and sprinkle them with some GB dust or flavours?

Expanders or hard pellets??? So many questions, basically let us all know what you have had in terms of success for up in the water?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

up in the water i tend to use 6mm expander on the hook 4mm hard pellets to fire out but have tried with some success get some hard pellets in a tub cover in water for 20 seconds then drain all the water off then put the pellets in a plastic bag get all the air out of the bag tie it and put in the fridge this makes the pellets a bit soft so don't sink so quick?? but still firm enough to make noise when hitting the water??

Comment

Yeah, I have tried something similar.... found that a good way to do it is to mix up a batch of groundbait of desired flavour, then add the feed pellets to it and mix it in then cover with damp newspaper and leave over night.... then in the morning riddle off the groundbait and you are left with softer feed pellets.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Personally I just use a 6mm hard pellet banded on the hook and feed 4mm sinkers. The only time this changes is when fishing at distance when the hook pellet becomes 6 0r 8mm and the feed become 8mm or 11mm.

I have found using expanders just infuriates me as i spend too much time shipping in and out. Soft Hookers worked or expanders coated with gelatine are better than plain expanders.
        [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
        X