Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Feeder Set Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeder Set Up...

Silly question this one,but here goes anyway,i am looking to get myself a decent feeder rod,and a reel to go with it,now what i want to know is....?How do you set up to fish this method, but remember im' new to fishing,so an idiot proof answer required...cheers for any replies.

Lets start with this,theres no such thing as a silly question,its just something you dont know the answer to.feeder rigs go from basic to complicated,i tend to go for the KISS principle with ALL my rigs,attatch a link swivel to your feeder,thread this onto your mainline,thread on a bead,tie a rolling swivel to the end of your mainline,attatch your hhoklink to the other end of the rolling swivel,your feeder should now run freely up and down your mainline but stop when it reaches the bead&swivel,your hooklink should hang below.there are lots of alternatives but this will work,try it and if you have difficulty you can always PM me and i will try to help.Regards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Excellent reply Pete cheers,but lost me with with the link swivel etc ..got any step by step pics or anything i can follow.....i did say idiot proof...lol.oh and why's it called kiss method..sorry for qqs

Comment

No problems mate,KISS = keep it simple stupid.link swivel is a swivel with a hole at one end and a simple clip at the other,i will put a pic on in a while,its a bog standard rig and its not perfect but it still works.the pic i put on has a bit of black tubing on it but its not essential so dont woory about it, it will also show a lead instead of a feeder,but thats the reason for the link as its easy to change from one to the other.

Comment

try this[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Thats great m8 now i have some idea as to how i tackle up for the job..thanks for info.

Comment

No problem mate,thats probably the most basic set up,but i had 5 double figure carp on it on Wed last week.
              Last edited by hurricane; 6 November 2009, 05:31 AM.

Comment

theres another very simple rig that requires no extra parts at all called the loop rig.

thread the mainline through the feeder.
                pull about a foot through the feeder and create a loop by making a knot so the feeder is captivated within the loop. what you should have is a loop about 8 inches long.
                make a second small loop at the bottom of the large one and attach your hooklink there.

very simple rig which is anti tangle and requires nothing but a feeder and hook.
                let me know if you dont understand, i will make one up and photo it for you.
                north nott's member and serial buyer of stuff i dont need :D

Comment

Richard,its a very simple very effective rig,its also banned on lots of waters as its a captive,semi/fixed rig.so the rules would need to be checked before use.Regards Peter.

Comment

thanks for the heads up peter, i had no idea!
                    just goes to show how things change when you take a few years out
                    north nott's member and serial buyer of stuff i dont need :D

Comment

Working...
                    X