Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

new fishing show at the n.e.c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new fishing show at the n.e.c

got this off another forum

A little birdie tells me that the annual NEC fishing show is being resurrected under new management.

The site was the venue for the Go Fishing show for many years, but organizers Bauer decided to move it outdoors to Cudmore Fishery this year at the time of the Fish O Mania final.

It's my understanding that the move produced 'mixed' results at best, with the Sunday a bit of a disaster, and now a company with plenty of show experience, Ocean Media Group have stepped in to run a new fishing event at the NEC.

The fishing Show will run alongside the organisation’s National Boat, Caravan and Outdoor Show at the same time, and OMG reckon they can attract up to 40,000 visitors in the first year.

The big difference between the Bauer model and The Fishing Show is that there will be just one retailer, Angling Direct, with the organizers adamant that it won’t become a dumping ground for old stock. If successful and if they stick to their guns, that's what you call a bit of a result for Angling Direct.

The event is booked for the Pavilion and Hall One from February 26th,-28th. It aims to cover coarse, sea, game and carp fishing and parking will be free.

Of course to work it needs support from the trade as well as the public - so the question is, with one retailer, will the angling public support it?
    Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.

Homer J Simpson.

Doomed to failure, before it begins.jmo.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Im not sure that will work

How can they have a huge show with just one retailer ? that would meen any visitors that wanted to buy would be stuck in a take it or leave it situation and have no choice, thats almost creating a monopoly.

I have one of there shops near me and they have no stock, or very little, and what is there is expensive in compoarison to other local tackle outlets, to be fair it is a new branch though.

The old set up worked to a degree but was far too costly with entrance parking eating etc.

For these shows to succeed they need to either have no selling or fill it with outlets to create competition.

Just my thoughts after going to the last NEC event

JC
      [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

It would be far better if it went back to it's original format of being a showcase for all the major tackle companies, with no retail outlets at all. At least you had the opportunity to view all the latest gear under one roof. Putting in retail outlets killed it. I went to each and every single one except the last, as in my own personal opinion it had by then degenerated into nothing more than a glorified car boot sale.
        I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

The way i see it,as long as poeple charge an entrance fee & possibly paking fee in order for us to spend money,then i will stick to my local shop or the wild wild web,even with the P&P,again its just my opinion.
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

i would have thought it done 40 thousand all the other times its been there.....its still the fact they want me to pay,,to look at stuff they want me to buy just dont ring right does it....... cam you see supa markets charging addmission make it free see how mamy show up then?
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

It would be rammed out
              [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
              X