Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheat

What do we all think about cheating in matches, have just read the story of an angler who angling times claims an angler attempted to fix the outcome of a match by tipping back one of his net catches.
    This angler is a very experienced angler and has fished White Acres festivals and other high profile matches, (has he done this before). I believe the owner of the water where this occurance happened (Heronbrook Fishery) has banned him from the venue for life, is this enough or should he be banned from matches for the next 12months.
    Would like to know everybodys opinion.

Cheers

How can you fix a match by tipping back some of your fish????
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

By tipping back a bigger weight of fish than your friend which he did,(who was fishing next to him and letting him win the section), This would then have put his friend into 2nd place on the match if this had been allowed.

Comment

From what i can see what this chap did is a close second to actually tipping his fish in his friends net to distort the outcome of a match.

It's not a hanging offence but if you'll stoop to one form of cheating then you'll probably stoop to another, so I'm sure he'll be made to feel very welcome next time he's at the draw bag..............
        Life ban seems a bit extreme but on the other hand (if I knew him) I wouldn't be happy fishing against him & it's the feeling/thoughts of other anglers that the fishery owner has to consider.

Comment

out of order

Well out of order.
          When it comes to cheating there is a big scope of a grey area on rule bending and the like.
          Tipping your fish back to give an advantage to a mate, so he benefits financially is nothing short of fraud (allegedly).
          If he got a life ban from the fishery then tough luck.
          Maybe he will think twice next time and make sure he doesn't get caught.?
          Rule breaking (cheating) goes on all the time.
          These crooks need to be banned, named and shamed.

Comment

When I was in a team and we where fishing AT winter league one trick that some teams used was to add a few stones to the keepnet if they got caught all they said was sorry was to weigh the net down if the did not get caught it could add up to 8 oz to there weight.
            Where there is money and prestige to be had cheats will be there
            A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

he proberbly fishes for arsenal
              I want an end peg

Comment

just a question, where is the rule saying you cant tip your fish back ? dont think he is a cheat as there is no rule stating you must weigh in at this certai fishery. its definately frowned upon but i think you take it a bit far calling the bloke a cheat.

Comment

I don't understand why he would tip his fish so that his mate would finish better??
                  www.tacklefinder.net

Comment

it was that bad on the witham we used to use rocks to weigh our keepnets down
                    nige cooke

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz3899 View Post
                      I don't understand why he would tip his fish so that his mate would finish better??
                      To let his mate finish higher in the section, they were on a 3 day festival, so section points are what decide the overall placings.
                      The general Feeling is that they travelled together and were probably sharing any prize money won, although the chap in question refutes that allegation.
                      His reason (laughable as it is) was he was tired after fishing a few festivals... so why not tip em all back and go and have a kip.

Carl.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

as previously mentioned i dont think this guy has broken any specific rules, but what he has done is not within the spirit of match fishing and is most definately frowned upon. manipulation of results goes on all the time whether fishing, football or formula 1 and we have probably all been guilty of this at some time, knowingly or not,how many times has an angler packed up on the last day of a festival and not weighed this in itself can alter the true result. what i cant understand is why he was allowed to weigh after putting part of his catch back, surely he should have put all his fish back, i dont think we are obliged to weigh in though i have seen this stipulated in a number of matches many anglers still dont. i certainly dont condone what this guy has done but to call him a cheat and ban him from future matches may be a little harsh given the tricks other anglers seem to get away with

Comment

Just to let you know chaps i fished the festival, the person in question weighed the first net he had and weighed half of the second net.After realising the amount he had would win him the section and the lake and around£160 he decided to throw back the rest and also give the fishery owner a abusive outburst.
                          Wonder why he was prepared to throw away up to £160 perhaps he does not need the money.

Comment

The leagues we fish , state that any fish caught must be weighed in or you don't fish again

Comment

Just to say that in the morning of the draw the fishery owner did state that EVERYBODY must weigh in on the day due to the amount of money being fished for.And somebody NOT weighng in could affect the positions and cost people money.
                              Last edited by 456topgun; 27 August 2009, 09:00 PM. Reason: removed line

Comment

Working...
                              X