Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hook lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hook lengths

hi al hook lengths for method or open feeder wich is best braid or mono line

where I can on the method feeder I use braid as your bait stays right on the feeder and mono will move away from the feeder, ive never used braid on the open feeder
    Let us all bag up

Comment

mono for both mate, hate braid no give and shred's the fish's mouths

Comment

mono mono mono
        [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by bb bone View Post
          mono for both mate, hate braid no give and shred's the fish's mouths
          does the fact that braid has no give have any relevance when talking about a hooklength? The 'give' would be in the mainline (unless maybe when using braid as a mainline aswell or its attached to an extremely heavy fixed feeder) i'm not sure i don't fish the feeder much?

Comment

Hi hope this helps

I use braid on the reel as its better to indicate bites, i use a inline preston method feeders and mould

hook link i use preston power line and make a hair rig with an animal hook

ste ringer told me a few weeks ago never tie your line to the swivvel, tie a hoop at the end of your rig and hoop in through the swivvel as it will take more of a battering,

Comment

mate if your only fishing places between 6 to 15 foot deep mono is fine dont worry about braid reel line and mono hook links power line is good mate for ya hook links and there is many diff reel lines out there, if your after cheap cheerfull the diawa mono comes good 300 meters on a spool so value for money there or the korum is ok as well but a good hard wearin line maxima will last well ive been usin the daiwa stuff and its been ok for my method or feeder work
              [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Mono for me on both although I use a lighter breaking strain for a hair, a bit more supple.
                [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
                X