Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

How Long Do You Keep Your Rigs ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Do You Keep Your Rigs ??

Hi Guys,

I make up most of my hook lengths at home, put them into plastic wallets and then its just a matter of tying them onto the mainline.

After one is used though do how long would you keep it in use ? Would you use it for one session and them remake it, or put it back into the wallet for reuse ??

- G

if i have used it for a session i will disgard it, maybe if i had been on a winter day and had a slow one with only a few fish i may re-use

Comment

Personally I always bin mine after a session.
      If i re-used it and it snapped on me i would never be sure if it was previous damage and it would be a bit unfair on the fish to swim around with it in its mouth.

Comment

i will make up lots of rigs and hook lengths if kept in the dark away from direct sunlight they will last for ages but i will always disgard a rig and hooklength after use

Comment

I put the rig back on the winder and put it in the box upside doiwn, on its next use it gets a new hooklength, I never use the same hook for 2 sessions, I tend to use the same rigs on different venues and they get cut about and added to a lot so they usually only last a few weeks than its a remake
          [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

i always tie new rigs after a days fishing piece of mind knowing my rig will not break, famous last words

Comment

I always re do a rig once I've used it and If I'm catching well I will also change the hook link during the session if it gets blunt.
              Part time fisherman. Full time legend ;)
              [url]www.whitehallrushwickac.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Working...
              X