Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

help !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help !!

i was fishing pool called fox hills fishery i was fishing the bottom pool about 9m out
    i got the fish feeding after about half a hour and was doing great but when it came to about 1 oclock it whent dead and this has happened to me a couple of times at this pool but about 4 it picks up again
    can some help am not feeding proply or somethink

How are you feeding?

Comment

hi danny.
      i live just down the road from foxhills and fish there quite regular. What you mentioned seems to be the pattern at this place. you can almost set your watch by it. many a time i have been catching steadily and build up a swim then it goe's dead. i tend to feed a spot down the edge and leave it until my main swim slows down. i then move down the edge if it turns slow. but i continue feeding my main line.
      also if you are catching skimmers they tend to back off the feed after a while, so try a little further out away from your main feed. trying various hook baits can keep bites coming too.
      after 4.00pm though it seems to come alive again. i've found that the carp start to move down the sides and i've had some great sport fishing right up against the reeds in 18"-2ft of depth. During autumn i tend to use meat alot more for the carp, i think the corn attracts too many skimmers.

Comment

thanks ill try that feeding down the side i have had some good carp in the side as well on the top pool never had a barbal out there tho

Comment

Working...
        X