Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Top Peg Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Peg Website

Did anyone from the Bristol or surrounding areas ever use the www.toppeg.co.uk website for the local fishing results?

The Site has recently gone down and I just wondered if anyone knows of an alliterative or what happened to it.

Cheers.. Pete

Think that was the site Roy Garland put together. Had Tony Rixon's ebook on amongst other things.
    Looks like he just forgot to renew his domain name, or has given up on it!
    The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
    Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
    Check out:
    www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
    log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

i hope he hasent given up very usefull site that was,roverspete (unfortunate name! didnt think they let gasheads onto talkangling lol!!) is that st geoges park in your profile pic?

Comment

Yeah its St George, very underrated lake. I know why most match anglers keep away, purely due to the amount of traffic it gets walking around it. Had a good day though, 17 carp from 5-9lb for 4hrs work, people could not believe they were in there. (Did fish the island though! Bit naughty

As for Gasheads being on this forum, the more the merry'er..To many S##t'eds I've noticed

Shame about the site though. Will have to buy the Evil Post on a Saturday now.

Comment

havent fished there for years,how did you catch and what on?

Comment

I always try and fish what many call the "Flyer" over there. Thats on the Library side, right at the front of the island about 13mtrs out. I fish about two feet away from it as there is a really steep shelve that runs straight off it. I set my rig up just over depth about two feet in total and usual margin tactics apply. I get best results with Corn over 4mm hard pellet. Fish 0.16 straight through to a 16/14 B911.

I have had a few really big break offs over there and wondered what the hell could do it, until I saw a Carper catch a 25lb Mirror the other day. They are torpedo shaped over there and go like one to! Give it a go, best time is during the day when the kids are at school.

BONUS ALSO IS ITS FREE.

Comment

apparently it is being updated and will be off line for about a month, mike nichols has a blog that is well worth reading and you can get to tony rixons blog through it as well, hope this helps,

Comment

Cheers Rob.

Comment

st georges is awesome in the winter,i had over 40lb of roach last year on the punch and liquidized.there are sme proper lumps in it.i was there one day years ago when they netted it.i saw a 15 lb bream!!!! it was huge.it got taken to a gravel pit in oxford.like some have said,the downside is the kids.but on its day,its awesome fun.
                  talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

I dug out an old disposable camera to develop from god knows how long ago and to my surprise there was a photo of me with a bream around 8lb from the park. I can remember catching it now, it just floated over to me without a fight, thought I had hooked a snag! Apparently it had been caught a few times and even had its own name.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was heavier than 8lb, as it looked like a dustbin lid. Will up a photo soon :-)

P.S We should rename this as St George's Park Venue advice ;-)

Fished it again last week, water level had dropped about 1ft giving an island depth of about 6 inches. Didn't notice the drop until I'd plumbed up at which point I withdrew my keepnet thinking it would be a waste of time. 1st bight after 30mins and off went my float, 15mins later a PB 14.5lb Common was in the net, followed by a small Koi. Soon gave up when some licence dodgers started casting a lead into my swim :-( !

Comment

You should have rung the EA hotline and got them to come out. Sure they would have preferred to check licences at a safe commercial though, I heard from an ex-copper that the EA would never go down Conham to check anglers for fear of never coming back!

Anyway, back on topic (or not!) last time I fished St George's, I blanked. On punch. Mind it was proper cold. And a whole family of licence dodgers came and sat in the next swim: mum, dad, other mum, ten kids...
                      The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
                      Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
                      Check out:
                      www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
                      log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Toppeg can now be found at TOP PEG plus

Comment

must try and get back there.
                          talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

Cheers Carppool.. Only got the "Someone commented on your post" email through today, even though you posted Oct 23rd Strange.. Still a great site..

Comment

Working...
                            X