Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

chic peas for bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chic peas for bait

I went shopping with my wife the other day to Asda and while walking round my wife saw a tin of chic peas in mossala sauce and said would they be any good for fishing so i bought a tin and guess what i used them yesterday and caught about 50lb of bream on them what a great wife i,ve got.

Fishter,weve been useing them for a long long time(not tinned)used to be a secret bait nicknamed googlyganas,they also work for carp mate.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

I never caught any carp on them just bream.Whats the best way to hook em peter hair rig em i assume.I was using lassoo hooks not very good though had a hell of a job getting them in the loop and to stay on.

Comment

Yes mate hair rigged,we used to get ours from the indian supermakets and soak our own.off for an overnight session,talk to you soon. Regards Peter.
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

cheers peter

Comment

Fishter how do you fish em m8,pole ,waggler feeder?do you fish em on the bottom or uiw?Regards OM

Comment

on the feeder hair rigged well i used the lasoos tied hooks they are very fidly but are worth it.I suspect you could fish them on the pole as well.

Comment

i buy the packets of dried ones, soak them overnight, then boil them for 20 minutes. When i soak them i flavour them, with normal supermarket red colouring and strawberry flavour. Ive used them for over 20 years, and caught some great tench and carp on them.

Comment

Working...
                X