Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

beachcaster rod for carp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beachcaster rod for carp?

Hi,
    I have a couple of beachcaster rods, I'm going to a day ticket lake next week. is there any reason why I cant use these for a bit of carp fishing?
    they're 11ft with a 2.4lb curve. I figure the fish won't know they're beachcasters but have I missed something obvious?

thanks

rods

i dont see why not the most popular test curve for a carp rod is 2.5 0r 2/34..
    or 2.25 on small waters. 11ft is perfect in my opinion
    cheers worms

Comment

oh the look on thier faces if you use multipliers and 6oz grip leads

i'd pay to see that.

seriously though, your beach casters sound more like carp rods with your description. theres not much in it really. more to do with the action of the rods casting big weights etc.
      north nott's member and serial buyer of stuff i dont need :D

Comment

The packet of rag might raise a few eyebrows....

Good question though. I've often wondered why beachcasters weren't used for carping.

Comment

not sure what the carp would make of my bass lures!

thanks for the answers, I shall give it a go and see how many funny looks I get at the lake.

I haven't done any coarse fishing for about 6 years but to be honest my beach rods look pretty much identical to the carp rods I used to see people using back then.
          If the fish are clever enough to work out it's a beach rod and turn their noses up then I've got no chance of catching anything anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by droid View Post
            anybody tried it
            north nott's member and serial buyer of stuff i dont need :D

Comment

No,but leeches work and theyre only £6.00 each.
              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

I can remember several years ago going to the severn at bewdley with my brother in law, on our first session he goes off downstream of me to set up. Anyway after a couple of hours i had a wander down to see how he was doing, he was sat there fishing with a great beachcaster pointed skyward shirt off and belly hangin out you should have seen my face. Next thing tip goes over and two minutes later a 6lb barbel was on the bank, you should have seen my face then. It was like something out of a comedy sketch, it turned out a cracking week!

Comment

Originally posted by droid View Post

Good question though. I've often wondered why beachcasters weren't used for carping.

They were for barbel on the Trent in the late 60s and early 70s. The rise of the big swimfeeder meant that most coarse rods didn't have the guts and couldn't cope. Most of the lads made their own feeders and some were like jam jars!!! A lot of anglers used cut down beachcasters - and a lot of bait!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X