Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

theivin europeans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theivin europeans

hi all sorry to bring this subject up again but ive just got back into fishing again after a few years and it seems to me that the problem of these europeans is getting worse not better now i would have thought that when they first came here they wernt to know that we fished for sport not for the table therefore they could be excused for being naive. However after all these years they are still doin it and using our laws against us in my opinion they are taking the p&%$ out of every angler that enjoys thair sport. reading the angling press used to be enjoyable but now it ruins my day and my work partner has to put up with me moaning all day.
    i know that hopefully new laws will come in soon but do we honestly believe that this will stop it, i dont think so. how are they going to enforce these laws ive been asked for my license twice this year im 33 and only ever been asked 4 times the 2 times this year was on the same water. so i finally come to my point i would quite happily be part of a volunteer group who went out and patrolled local waters that have a known problem if the ea are stuggling with numbers why dont we as anglers stop moaning about the problem and get off our backsides and help them surley there will be enough people to do this. how many of u would when it come down to it help out by going out in pairs or threes a couple of evenings a week it would be interesting to find out. im priming my staff on polish sausage in case it ever happens

did anyone see the A.T with the pike head on a stake on the drains... its things like that that gets my back up so i appologise for the rambling.

mate, unfortunatley voluntary or not its that old " taking the law into your own hands " thing that will stop you.firstly these people don't think they are doing anything wrong and secondly if you approach them and try to stop them they will get nasty and resort to anything.
    until the powers that be impose stiffer sentences for this kind of thing you wont stop it.they need to increase patrols etc. also.
    i am with you on this and yes when you see the pictures like that in the AT it does make your blood boil

Comment

surely the ea could set up voluntary groups legally its annoying cos they think they can get away with it i was told today that a few waters have had gill nets found there its not a handful of fish they are gonna take they def know what they r doin i just dont like sitting here not doin anything about it

Comment

its a simple matter of different values. when i was a nipper folk had no quarms about killing pike and eating them. infact one of the most discussed topics on the bank was how to best cook them.
        carp were kept in monastary stew ponds as a food source for the monks, caught with a grapple hook
        australians have a regular cull on carp.
        most countries eat what they catch and see little sense in catching a hearty meal, only to let it go at the end of the day.
        this is not a defence in any way. just a different way of looking at it.
        what can the law do? if caught, surely trespass is the worst offense they could be charged with?
        what really stinks is that anyone not born here can seemingly do exactly as they like
        north nott's member and serial buyer of stuff i dont need :D

Comment

mek em live in a tent in winter on the pennines they will want to go home then mind you they will have to change their diet and all the sheep will disapear farmers wain,t be happy will they
          nige cooke

Comment

Under the terms of the UK coarse fishing Licence they are allowed to remove fish, although this has its limitations

The problem isnt so much the Europeans they are not breaking any laws unless the venue is private and it quite claerly states fish cannot be removed or they remove over and above what is allowed.

The problem is the law itself, and untill this is changed there is nothing that can be done. I think it can safely be presumed the laws of the land no longer represent what is required nowdays and are really out of date.

If you look at it from the other side of the fence people think we are nuts adopting this catch and release policy , nearly all Europeans fish for the dinner plate.
            [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

i understand these laws need to be looked at as do a lot of other laws in this country. but surely the use of the gill net doesnt come under these laws. also i think a lot of anglers myself included are just not sure of these laws for instance my local river lea i have just found out from talking to an ea bailiff that u cant take any fish, so wher does the law apply. in the At this week it showed the possibe wr pike from poland if u read the article it says that in a country where anglers kill what they catch this fish has done well to evade capture and got to this size cos they was licompetition for food. if we allow this to continue and this may seem drastic are we gonna be faced with the same problem rivers and lakes that are getting overlooked being totally decimated of fish. it would be interesting to hear from any eastern europeans on this subject and if that is what they do in there country fine that is there culture but if they are to live here then they need to adapt to our culture.

Comment

Originally posted by jules-vega View Post
                if that is what they do in there country fine that is there culture but if they are to live here then they need to adapt to our culture.
                So true, but they never will adapt to our culture they haven't done so in countless years and the new arrivals certainly never will, they only want the benifits etc not our laws or culture.
                The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Comment

I agree with everyones comments but never mind moaning did everyone fill out the form on the E.A website to stop this happening i dont think everyone did as it had a poor response.so it is mostly our fault as well for not filling in this form to change the law.By the way polish sausage is a good bait for carp, jules-vega

Comment

and barbel at least they have contributed something lol

Comment

Ive found polish sausage to be an ideal bait for big cats,works best when left attatched.
                      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Laws or no laws..if i ever see an immigrant butcher a coarse fish infront of me,
                        he's going in the deep end.

Comment

Working...
                        X