Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

float selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• float selection

When arriving on your peg how do you find out the depth of the swim to decide which float you need.
    Does anyone have/use anything special to check depth, so as they can go straight to the rig section in their box and pick the correct float. With such a wide variety of floats in a seat box i just wondered if anyone had come up with a depth finder as i get rather frustrated when i pick a rig out and set it all up only to find it isn't long enough.
    [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
    106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Oh dear, oh dear, that's the worst attempt at a wind up I've ever seen! But I'll humour you......

Use a big stick and some tippex, or an aquatic inch-worm on a bit of string. Or throw a big brick in, catch the water from the splash in a bucket, measure the volume and deduct from the total volume of the lake then multiply by the square root of a cube tree and divide the answer among the homeless. Or jump in and see how far it comes up the bank. or..... naaaaahhh, I can't be bothered any more!!
    [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Ask the fishery owner, although most that I speak to (not including fish farmer, of course) refer to the details given them by anglers who are invariably several feet out!
      The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
      Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
      Check out:
      www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
      log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Either do what fish farmer suggested.
        Or take up golf.
        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

lol

we have one regular muppet here that fishes with a boat rod and always fishes about 8ft deep in a pool that I can comfortably wade across!!

Comment

I've just realised what your problem is Rich..... maver don't make plummets do they??!!

Comment

and i thought i was fishing off the bottom fish farmer

Comment

Oh Phil how did i know you would be 1st to answer and with such precise instruction. By the way have you put the fish back in that pool we fished LOL.

I haven't got a plummet any more its in your pool as i lost it the day we fished there, could you drain it and have a look for it please, you know where i was fishing from so it shouldn't be to difficult.

What i do is use my feeder rod which is set up in my ready holdall, by using the small weight on it i can check the depth of margin swims quite quickly and then work out from there what is happening further out. It only takes a few minutes which i think is time well spent and time saved in the long run.

Spadger; Done golf ruined a good walk in my opinion.
                [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Lol, yes I've put the fish back and amazingly they are twice the size! You should check Ebay more often mate, I sold your plummet 2 weeks ago!

Best things about golf courses are the fish in some of them pools!

Comment

Phil did you see that documentary last week on the discovery channel about the veggie eating carp. wow you would only need one of them in a pool. They were massive. On the same documentary was a sturgeon it was reported to weigh 380 kilos and it was said it was the largest fresh water fish caught on rod and line.

I hope you got a good price for the plummet, you can give me the money when i next come over. LOL.

Comment

do you need me to show you how to use a plummet rich.For me it is more about the weather that decide the float if it is perfect weather then i will use a 4x12 up to 10feet deep and if it is blowing like Phil Briscoe then anything up to 2gram.As for style of float then that is decided on what bait and what fish i am after.

Comment

4x12 in 10 feet of water!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maver-Rich View Post
                          Phil did you see that documentary last week on the discovery channel about the veggie eating carp. wow you would only need one of them in a pool. They were massive. On the same documentary was a sturgeon it was reported to weigh 380 kilos and it was said it was the largest fresh water fish caught on rod and line.

I hope you got a good price for the plummet, you can give me the money when i next come over. LOL.
                          Yes I saw a bit of it mate. I know a guy who had one of those carp in his garden pond. It jumped out one night and devastated his veg garden! Good thing was, it managed to flip back into the pond and, as it had consumed all his sprouts, it was able to aerate it's own environment

Comment

Now your just getting silly, Been on the Worcester cider again.

Hi Chris hows tricks mate, Haven't been in touch for a while thought you might still be working down in Wales.

Yes please mate but not at Cobhouse as Phil takes all the fish out for a comp, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by fish farmer View Post
                              lol

we have one regular muppet here that fishes with a boat rod and always fishes about 8ft deep in a pool that I can comfortably wade across!!

can see why no one bothers going there, you take their money and then take the p**s,

Comment

Working...
                              X