Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Staff worster canal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff worster canal

Fished it today for the first ever time about 100 yards from the lock inn pub near Wolverly.

Fished a waggler with a size 16 hook and double maggot, and had 4 small perch on my first 4 casts, then had a small roach.

I then hooked another small fish and as i was bringing it in, i hooked a pike that i would say was about 8lds, which after a minute snapped me.

10 minutes later i got a bite and whatever it was was big, pretty certain it was a decent carp, and again i lost it.

For the next hour i had about 8 bites on worm but the maggot bites stopped, and for the last 4 hours hardly got a bite.

As anyone else had carp/pike from that stretch, i didnt think there was any in it, and im now considering having an hour spinning it.

always worth a go phil, there are some big fish in that stretch, i've had chub,from there, and i've had eels from that stretch, about 5 years ago as well

Comment

Never fished it,but often used to stop for a pint on the way back from Shatterford.nearly all canals hold pike,and id put money on that stretch holding a few decent carp.well worth a few hours with small plugs or spoons(dont foget the wire trace)canals are very much neglected by pikers and can throw up some big fish. Regards Peter.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Just had an hour there, but pretty much a waste of time, as there is that much foilage in the water, that my lure was catching it and hardly coming in correct.

Im now considering a few days of pre baiting and then, putting a couple of carp rods out.

That little river next to it also looks worth having a go, with a small ledger on bread, cheese, and meat, and ive just seen a couple of decent potential swims.

Comment

Working...
        X