Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

jacuzzi in my swim..no bite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacuzzi in my swim..no bite

hi guys,

i been giving diff reasons why jacuzzi in my swim size pool table , i been told :

1 : fishes are doing blowbubble sucking pellets
    2 : shoal of bream digging bottom
    3 : groundbait breaking up
    4 : some say groundbait some have fizz release
    5 : fishes not feeding just poking around
    6 : tench digging bottom
    7 : air release off bottom
    8 : fishes is very very hungry
    9 : 10lbs plus carp in the swim

what type of fishes giving bubble ? tench,bream,carp

which fishes giving fine and large bubble ? tench, bream, carp

i seem not getting BITE and my lads shout WOW.. look at that full of fishes get BAG UP.... then i started sweating what i am doing wrong ???

my tactic were groundbait and pellets... pellets on hook size 6mm
    it started off quite after 1-2 hours then all sudden jucuzzi come and go ...

what should i do when i see bubble started ? more feeding or less feeding or change tactic

steven

are you getting liners.

Comment

mate depends on what your feedin we need more info on what the plan attach for your days fishin, if uve fished the pellet that day which sounds like the reason for the fizzin, alot of people feed big pots of pellets at the start and the fish go mad gettin there head down on the free feed and you will foul hook alot of fish if your fishin pellet feedin micro's dont put to many in at the start just a good hand full and feed kinder pots every few fish not in big pot full, it sounds like uve fed quite alot durin them first few hours there must have been alot of pellets on the deck
      Last edited by vidas; 8 September 2009, 06:33 PM.
      [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Sounds like the fish are high up in the water and your bombing straight past them
        [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
        [CENTER] [/CENTER]
        [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
        [CENTER] [/CENTER]
        [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
        [CENTER] [/CENTER]
        [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Paul (Justin).
          Can you give any more info on that theory mate.
          I have heard it before, but never come across it myself.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by justin case View Post
            Sounds like the fish are high up in the water and your bombing straight past them

you mean fishes pick up pellet and swim up to surface... it was 8 ft deep

Comment

Originally posted by george rigby View Post
              are you getting liners.
              yes.. i was getting alot line bite, float swaying aside now and then

Comment

Originally posted by vidas View Post
                mate depends on what your feedin we need more info on what the plan attach for your days fishin, if uve fished the pellet that day which sounds like the reason for the fizzin, alot of people feed big pots of pellets at the start and the fish go mad gettin there head down on the free feed and you will foul hook alot of fish if your fishin pellet feedin micro's dont put to many in at the start just a good hand full and feed kinder pots every few fish not in big pot full, it sounds like uve fed quite alot durin them first few hours there must have been alot of pellets on the deck
                i put three big ball groundbait mix with hemp and caster and one full large cup of 3mm pellet.
                the reason i put alot in cos i want hold shoal of bream and carp stay in the swim. i understand it not touching my hookbait due alot of pellets on the deck.
                i just want know how it make it make bubble from which species/feeding/bottom or top etc

it is pellets making the bubble ? it is fishes sucking ? why there large and fine bubble?

should i switch hookbait like meat or sweetcorn which only odd bait in the swim ?

Comment

Try fishing about a metre of the feed, try shallowing up a bit at a time when indications of liners stop deepen your rig an inch at a time, if however the fish are rooting around in the silt you may not get positive bites at all. It is not always a case of over feeding that cause the fizzing and I have had it more than once where even a small amount of feed will make it happen, the phenomen is usually worse where skimmers are around. Is there a cure not really, you could try starting another swim several metres away feeding with a more sizable bait like meat or corn, certainly one that does not have fine particles like pellet or ground bait.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

what line diameter and hook size are you useing,have you tried without the groundbait?

Comment

the fine and large bubbles seem to give the indication that they are rooting in the silt, the fine bubbles will be fish the big bubbles are likely to be gasses trapped in the silt.

Comment

Originally posted by scunnyiron View Post
                        what line diameter and hook size are you useing,have you tried without the groundbait?
                        i use 0.14 line / b911 hook size 12 / 0.5g float.

i havent use without groundbait yet .

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
                          the fine and large bubbles seem to give the indication that they are rooting in the silt, the fine bubbles will be fish the big bubbles are likely to be gasses trapped in the silt.

thanks for advice BRIAN G.

it is all type fishes species make fine bubble ? you mention likely shoal of skimmer cos i would like know who rooting in my swim so i can correct my hookbait and rigs.

Comment

Try dropping down in hook sizes a size 12 is a bit big for skimmers they will be feeling the weight of that big an hook and be spitting it out, come down to an 18 to a 0.12 line if you use a hook length, you first of have to get some positive bites, you can worry about landing them when you do, but you will be surprised how small a hook you can catch with.
                            For hook bait try dropping down to a 4mm pellet, or even a double dead red maggot skimmers love dead maggots as they are a lot softer.
                            Last edited by Brian G; 8 September 2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Brian G;108070]Try dropping down in hook sizes a size 12 is a bit big for skimmers they will be feeling the weight of that big an hook and be spitting it out,

that surprise me that skimmer can feeling weight of size 12 as i can hardly feeling the weight ... my 6mm rigger pellets seem far alot more weight than hook.

ah well, i alway give it a try ... hopefully not carp on.

Comment

Working...
                              X