Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Licence concessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licence concessions

Hi
    This year the EA were reverting back to how they classified concessionary licenses.Last year you had to be severely disabled,or be the owner of a blue badge[parking permit]The blue badge was a stupid idea because people were showing them when it was not themselves who were disabled,but a member of their family.They being the designated driver,then got the cheaper license.People on the lower rate,[sometimes because they hadent or didnt want to try to claim the higher rate]were suddenly exempt from last year.as i said this year the EA did an about turn allowing those on the lower rate a concessionary license again.Before anyone moans etc you have to understand that some anglers can only fish in the warmer months due to arthritus,back problems,neck problems and so on.So in effect they dont use their license as much as a fitter person.If you are on the lower rate and you go to the post office then take heed.On the computer screen it says you have to be on disability living allowance,thats rubbish.They[the post office]Phoned the EA up,and they admitted their mistake and proceeded to explain what needed to be done.You will need to give your national insurance number,post code,date of birth,and if your legit then you are issued with a concessionary licence.But if i had not made a fuss then i would have had to pay for a full license.I only knew my rights because i had previously read about the change back to the old way.So did the EA make a mistake with the wrong info that they have given the post office?Or is it a deliberate plan to extract money from the partly disabled.I personally think it stinks,and would be interested in hearing from anyone thats fell for their latest trick.
    cornerstone.

Cannot understand this part

The blue badge was a stupid idea because people were showing them when it was not themselves who were disabled, but a member of their family.They being the designated driver,then got the cheaper license.

The disabled persons photo is on permit not the driver

Got mine today no trouble at all, handed them last years licence gave them my blue badge checked to see if it was me on the photo and kindly gave me my licence

Have noticed that your disabled badge number is not on this years licence

Comment

Working...
    X