Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

What Margin Pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Margin Pole

My Yank and Bank exploded at Gold Valley today, and I konw of at least 3 others that have suffered the same fate. So I'm after advice on what people think is the best margin pole, I've been told that the Shimano Beast Master takes some beating but I'd be gratefull for your advice.

I have the middy white knuckle 6mtr margin pole and rate it rather high my biggest fish on it was a 16lb 14oz common and landed it within 15 mins so i would go for that if i was you mate.
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
    [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

the reason your margin pole smashed is pobabily due to the wear and tear and then it gave way but the best margin pole on the markit is a shimano beast master.

Comment

i agree the beast master is a very good pole

Comment

I have the Tri-cast xrs margin,its superb,probably the most expensive margin pole out there,but
          its worth it if you fish like this a lot.Mate has the beastmaster & in my opinion its a close 2nd & much
          cheaper.I used to use a Y&b,that i now use as a whip,i thought it was ok,only exploded one no4!

Comment

Thanks guys this is a helpful

Comment

Beastmaster or a preston THE EDGE mk1 played around with both and for build quality and strengh both unbeatable beastmaster£130 preston £50/60 (second hand)
              [B][COLOR="blue"]"QUALITY AND VALUE HANDMADES AT THE RIGHT PRICE"[/COLOR][/B]

[B][SIZE="7"][COLOR="blue"]'I.L FLOATS'[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Ive used my 8.5m Drennen margin pole for over a year now and landed shed loads of carp to over 18lb . Its my first choice for catching lumps on paste or on any water where i dont want to risk breaking my main pole.
                The supplied no4 netting section is very handy and ive yet to break it (touch wood!) plus top kits are reasonably priced and readily available. I like it so much i bought my son one.

Comment

I got my Dad a Middy White Knuckle a couple months back and Ive not seen him fish with anything else since - he has had carp to the 10lb mark on it and after giving it a waggle myself it does feel hugely strong. And you cant go wrong with the price on them.

I had two guys next to me this weekend both using the Shimano Beastmaster - looked like a good bit of kit and they get recommended a lot.
                  Pleasure Angler

Comment

May be worth haveing a look at the Garbilno margin master Run over it and you cant break it and it is rated to a 25 lackie

Comment

for the price the sensas carp x 30 is worth a look. i had the 6 meter and found it very strong, rigid and comfortable to fish with.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I've got a MAP Power Margin. Had double figure carp on it with no problems up to 18lb. Didn't cost a lot, and does the job. top kits are super cheap too!

If I was going out to buy a margin pole today though, I'd definitely get a Beastmaster. My mate bought one at the start of the summer. Is really strong and the finish is brilliant.

Comment

i have the beast master and its brilliant although i have broke it when i hadent had it set up right,totaly my fault,i know 4 anglers whos yank and bank have gone and exploded,i dont work for shimano but i would defiantly recomend one,and when mine was set up properly i had a 19lb one at lake john good luck kev

Comment

if you buy a yank and bank fella make sure u buy 3 more number 4's they are so thin its untrue u hit a 6lb carp its game over the whole thing bends like a bananna horrible pole i would sell mine but cus our lass's dad gave it to me before he died ive got to keep it
                            [B][COLOR="blue"]"QUALITY AND VALUE HANDMADES AT THE RIGHT PRICE"[/COLOR][/B]

[B][SIZE="7"][COLOR="blue"]'I.L FLOATS'[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

I've landed 15lb carp on my yank n bank no problems whatsoever with middy 20 elastic and daiwa tdr 8lb rig line.

Comment

Working...
                              X