Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Chat room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat room

Found this by accident,now i dont use it or the shout box,but is it being kept on the QT so its only used by the select few or is it just that i missed the anouncement?
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Chat room

Same as Hurricane.
    Where is the chat room ?
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I had an "alert" when i logged in about the new chat room, i presumed everyone would have.

Anyway if you click on 'quick links' at the top and then select 'flash chat' ....... you'll then be in the new chat room once its loaded.

I believe it was started because there were alot of people using the shoutbox which was slowing down the site, hope that helps chaps.

Comment

It is being trialled by the Mods and those who stumble across it. Eventually it will replace the shout box.
        The shout box has been a problem for two reasons: it slows the site down and it is the most visible part of the forum.
        Obviously we want the forum to run as smoothly as possible, hence getting the shout box off will help us all to navigate easier and quicker. Also, people logging onto the site for the first time may see the nonsense that often ends up on the shout box and get the wrong impression of the forum. Although we try to keep on top of what's put on there, it is very difficult to control bad language, verbal fights etc and we cannot physically remove it like we can on a standard post.
        After lots of debate amongst us Mods, we decided a separate chat room would be a better option. You can use it now by going to Quick Links in the bar at the top of every page and then selecting Flash Chat, exactly as Jamie444 said.
        There is a notice at the top of every forum section main page and we will start to point people in that direction from the shout box soon...
        The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
        Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
        Check out:
        www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
        log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Just been in for a look around, very nice... even got a carpet down .
          It all went quiet when I walked in though & all eyes turned slowly in my direction - I just ran for it..... think I was lucky to get out alive

Comment

Originally posted by stevelockett View Post
            It is being trialled by the Mods and those who stumble across it. Eventually it will replace the shout box.
            The shout box has been a problem for two reasons: it slows the site down and it is the most visible part of the forum.
            Obviously we want the forum to run as smoothly as possible, hence getting the shout box off will help us all to navigate easier and quicker. Also, people logging onto the site for the first time may see the nonsense that often ends up on the shout box and get the wrong impression of the forum. Although we try to keep on top of what's put on there, it is very difficult to control bad language, verbal fights etc and we cannot physically remove it like we can on a standard post.
            After lots of debate amongst us Mods, we decided a separate chat room would be a better option. You can use it now by going to Quick Links in the bar at the top of every page and then selecting Flash Chat, exactly as Jamie444 said.
            There is a notice at the top of every forum section main page and we will start to point people in that direction from the shout box soon...
            Trouble is you can't (or I don't know how!) be on in the chat room and browse other topics at the same time like you can with the shout box without constantly leaving and entering the chat room!? Please put me right if I'm wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
              Trouble is you can't (or I don't know how!) be on in the chat room and browse other topics at the same time like you can with the shout box without constantly leaving and entering the chat room!? Please put me right if I'm wrong!
              Not sure about that Nath. Best person to ask is Justin Case, I think he put the new chat room together.
              The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
              Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
              Check out:
              www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
              log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

There is an annoucement at the top of every sub section which obviously is not being spotted by all, so its not a secret that we are trialling a new chat room, it does have one or two issues with it that need resolving before going totally live, after they have been sorted it will be fully announced via a PM to all members plus a thread on the site.
                To be able to keep both the chatroom and the mainsite open you need to open Talk Angling in two pages as you would to have other internet sites open at the same time, for those with IE8 its simply a case of oening a new Tab and then open TA, after opening TA click on QUICK LINKS then select FLASH CHAT the chatroom then opens, to post a message go to the box at the bottom of the page type your chosen words and press SEND

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                  If you are using IE 7, just open a new tab and flit from one tab to another
                  [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Fish farmer is correct, a new tab in firefox works in the same way too.

Neilio.
                    The inspiration behind the Maver C-Loc method feeder.

Comment

Working...
                    X