Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hook tying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hook tying

just been given a couple of seymo loop tyers how does one use the things ?
    nige cooke

They are not for tying hooks mate. They are for tying loops of a consistent size. Tie a double overhand loop and put the longer prong through the loop and the shorter one through the 'O' created but the knot, moisten and pull tight. Slip the now smaller 'O' off the smaller prong and tighten with the loop still on the monger one.

There are 2 sets of prongs, for making different sized loops.

Hope this helps

J

Comment

i want to be able to have all hooklengths the same length so i have bought a hook rig box alan scottorne demonstrated it on tight lines where all his hook lengths were the same but i missed it.its not the loops i am having trouble with its getting the same length if you see what i mean mate
      nige cooke

Comment

I have a hooklength box and know where to stretch my line too before tying a loop although this came through trial and error. What you can do though, is get yourself a piece of old wood, longer than you want your hooklengths, bang two nails the desired length apart so they'll fit in your box. Bnag the nails right through then you can tie your hook, now take the line up and around the second nail, double your line back over the nail towards your hook. Pinch the loop you've now formed over the nail and tie your loop knot while keeping the doubled line in the same place. Its much easier to do than these instructions let on!
        Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

ok m8 if you want perfect hook lengths every time then you got to buy a pro hook tier m8 great bit of kit worth the £25 ish price
          Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

cheers mate i will give it a go
            nige cooke

Comment

cookie as steveL says is bang on, there is no need to go and spend money on a PRO hooktyer
              if you want hooklengths say 30cm long, bang a panel pin into a piece if wood, and leave 10mm sticking out, now measure 30cm away from that pin and bang another pin in, and leave 10mm out again, tie your hook on to your line, and hook the hook on to one of the pins, now take the line and wrap it round the second pin, and remove holding the doubled line, this is where you make your loop, and bingo you have a hooklength that is 30cm, if you want them longer just put in another pin to your required length.
              cheers
              up

Comment

thanks for your advise its a lot easier when someone knows what there doing i probably would have run out of panel pins
                nige cooke

Comment

What I do is hook the hook on the pin, pull the line around the pit it will be looped over back on it self. This will form a slight 'kink' in the line. This is where the end of the loop needs to be. Should be spot on if using a seymo loop tyer.

J

Comment

I just use my 12" ruler from school!

Comment

you want to get out more often nathan and are you still battering them at hayfield
                      nige cooke

Comment

What you mean get out more? I haven't been fishing for 7 weeks, Got 3 weeks cfestivals coming up though!

Comment

it wor a pun about your 12 incher and good luck down at acres
                          nige cooke

Comment

Pro hook tyer £25.00, I like the sound of the piece of wood and 2 nails.

Comment

i'm left school now lol

Comment

Working...
                              X