Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Buying Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Online

Having just spent the last 25 years cycling and using online dealers for most of my equipment and clothing the longest you normaly waited was 3 days most 1-2 days for items to turn up.
    Now returned to angling with needing everything it has been a nightmare getting dealers to supply the basics
    Almost one month for a 4 tube rod holdall and net set, nothing fancy major make.Still not arrived.
    A few basic items from another dealer into 2 weeks now.
    A rod and reel set that took over 2 weeks to arrive, when I queried non arrival after 5 days was told its 10 days for delivery, didnt you get an email and why do you want them that quick. err I want to go fishing maybe
    Still no rod licence nearly 3 weeks now.
    Come on dealers if you cannot supply the items dont advertize them so at least it gives me a chance to look elsewhere
    One exception was Talk Angling got the response email almost immediatly, cannot say that for Essex Fishing Forum applied 3 days ago and nowt so far.

You're right mate, it's a joke! I sell quite a few things and I always send as soon as I receive payment, sometimes before!

Comment

Stick to the reputable dealers.
      Harrison tackle are superb, as are Nathans of Derby.
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
        Stick to the reputable dealers.
        Harrison tackle are superb, as are Nathans of Derby.
        Must be something in the name! All Nathans' are good blokes! I normally use Matchmen Supplies, free delivery and normally come within a week unless something's out of stock.

Comment

I've just bought a reel online from Mullarkeys. Ordered it Wednesday, they called me wed night and left a mssge to call back - called back thursday and corrected the details I had got wrong online! - got the reel today.

Now that's what I call service.
          [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

ordered some bits and pieces on a couple of occassions from bennetts of sheffield, all received within 3-4 days on both occassions

Comment

Bennetts are pretty good with stuff they have in, but they seem to have a problem with some Middy stuff. I've twice cancelled orders for Middy gear because after 2 weeks I was fed up of waiting.

Climax Tackle of Dronfield are excellent.

Comment

I try not to use online stores, as have had a few problems where deliveries have taken so long to come through. Last time I tried was with Wickford angling. Never again after 4 weeks I phoned up and cancelled my order 2 weeks after that the order turned up it was a bump bar I had already bought one as I had a bad back. They had taken the money off my credit card when they sent it out after the order was cancelled. I sent it back and the money was put back on the credit card but the postage I had to spend to get it to them was not, hassled them for a few weeks and no joy eventually gave up.
                On the positive side I have had to get my pole repaired by Essells, and was very impressed by speed of turn around, quality of repair and communication on what was going on. Seems some people are good at there jobs and others don’t care.

Comment

Too many amateurs in the industry. Like the guys say, stick with the top players and leave the others well alone.
                  Can't catch enough.....

Comment

i've never really had any problems, Davies angling, Dragon carp direct Ians tackle, penkridge... all excellent service.

Carl.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

why is it wen u buy online u get charged the same as tackle shop also get robbed on postage --i now go to shop its cheaper

i emailed em back an said at least dick turpin ad the decency to wear a mask
                      work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

to me online sellers rip u off espesially with postage an spoil it for the good ones ----------but wen trust as gone its gone
                        work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

mate try matchmensupplies.co.uk its free delivery i order sundays so they get my order first thing monday you will get it in a couple of days or at least before the weekend mate never let me down and a great help if you need it
                          [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

harrisons is free delivery aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by vidas View Post
                              mate try matchmensupplies.co.uk its free delivery i order sundays so they get my order first thing monday you will get it in a couple of days or at least before the weekend mate never let me down and a great help if you need it
                              I forgot about matchman supplies, excellent service, highly recommended.

Carl.
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

Working...
                              X