Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Foul hooked Fish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foul hooked Fish.

Been fishing a few opens at a place in Lymm in Cheshire called Meadow View and the carp are mental and feed like Pirana's. It just isnt me foul hooking them its Everyone. Ive tried like everyone putting in no feed or just small pots and its fine for the first hour but they then just back off later and dont want to know. The main lake is prob only 4 to 5 feet deep at most which dosnt help but when you are hooking 20lb plus commons in the tail (and there are alot of them) they are a nightmare to get in and ruin what swim you had. I really hate dragging decent fish in knowing they are foul hooked but it seems to win some matches like these you have to. The match is always won with over 90lb+ and always on pellet. I was thinking of just feeding liquid instead of Micro pellets to see if this would help ? Any other thoughts chaps? My next match on there is this Wednesday and i have a big Pairs comp on there in 1 month with a big pay out.

Liquid would make it 10 times worse. Try feeding 4mm or 6mm pellets. And just dump in and catch one or 2 fish. This should keep them on the deck.

Comment

Dumping bait in though is the problem. The Carp just rip up the bottom whatever you put in.

Comment

One method i have found works in situations like this. Is when they are ripping the bottom they are obviously feeding at different levels, picking off bits being churned up.
        What i do is this. Uase a big heavy bait like luncheon meat or a big banded pellet.
        Then lower it through the water very slowly. Carp will very often snatch it when in a frenzy.
        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Big pot then try shallow over the top

Comment

Try fishing off the feed so you dont get as many liners. tight line your rig so fish will hook them selves if they are feeding as confidently as you say they are. Dont strike, just a little lift of no more than 3 inches will hook fish if they have picked your bait up and hopefully avoid foul hookers. Same as spadgers idea really.

Comment

Try not feeding as much loose feed.

Comment

couple of things i would try is damp pellets squeeze in to ball and pot them in they will go through water quicker or the method on the pole
                i like to use corn it seems a good heavy bait
                Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.

Homer J Simpson.

Comment

Ive tried feeding less and trust me these Carp have lived before cos they back off and dont come back until you start to ball it in for them. Everyone i know has tried corn and the sods wont have it mate. These Carp are big and ruthless and if they are foul hooked your Hydro gets a full work out along with your muscles.

Comment

Dump a pot in then fish the bomb over the top or fish the pellet feeder. You can then chuck to the middle and also over you're pole line whether it 6m or 13m etc. This was by far the best tatic in our match on the main lake and will result in little or no foul hooked fish.

Comment

Working...
                    X