Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

shotting pattern at 16ft help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shotting pattern at 16ft help

I am fishing My local club water and am doing ok at present but just wondering if anyone has got any advise on a decent shotting pattern to fish a 1.25g 0r a 2gr pole float at 16 ft and over as that is how deep my local water is. cheers.

Depends what sort of fish you are targetting! If its carp, keep it simple,a 1.5grm should be fine,most of it bulked 18inches from the hook with a couple of 10 droppers below!
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

I,m targeting bream mainly.Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by fishster View Post
        I,m targeting bream mainly.Cheers
        Same rig then bud but put the bulk a litttle further away!
        All the best!
        HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

it's fairly deep here where i fish on the ouse, which is mainly skimmers an odd decent bream. the flow is practically stationary to slow so my set up may suffice with you too except for size of float. ( presume ur on a stillwater)
          Basically in that depth of water the key is to keep it simple. Use an olivette and 2 or 3 dropper shot like abbo has mentioned above.
          If it's windy or towing dont be affraid to up the size of the float 3 or even 4 grm to keep it nailed to the deck.

Comment

cheers lads as always sound advice thanks a lot lads.

Comment

use an olivet couple no.8 droppers but if it was me how far out is that depth? cause you cud fish a simple 6 whip to hand and at that depth its a lovely slider job for me mate cant beat it, its that depth at patshull 6m out 5 and half meters deep fish the slider further out
              [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

agree with the above, much better to use bigger droppers in that much water and as for the size of float that depends on the depth of water. always best to use an olivette with floats that size though

Comment

I,m fishing about 12mtrs out but it is the same depth closer in. Cheers for all the advice lads.

Comment

There's always the option of fishing a smaller olivette but adding more droppers which you group up under the olivette if not needed. This helps stop tangles immediately round the olivette itself but also gives you the option of fishing a double bulk rig but using the same shotting pattern as you normally would. Just by moving the droppers round it can create an even more positive rig which will amplify lift bites tenfold. If you use a float shaped like a drennan carbo with a decent body then the float literally 'pops' out of the water when a bream or skimmer picks up the bait.
                    MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

i am going on monday and will heed everyones advuce cheers.

Comment

Working...
                      X