Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hair rig to spade end hook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair rig to spade end hook

From the carp side of fishing with a eyed hook and a hair rig using the knot less knot i would like to use this on self tied spade end hooks.
    Can anyone point me in the diction of a film clip which shows how to do this or can anyone explain the way to do it using a hook tying tool.
    Obviously you can buy these already done but i would prefer to do my own now the nights are drawing in, i want to incorporate the quick stop in to the hair rig.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.
    [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
    106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

you need to do it like an eyed hair, but! you need a second loop to simulate the eye. so you would have a kind of s bend in the line at the hook.
    easier to demonstrate than explain lol. but im no techno geek and i dont know of any films
    north nott's member and serial buyer of stuff i dont need :D

Comment

or would it not be easier to just tie the spade to the hooklength and attach the hair to the bottom bend of the hook like a pellet band?
      north nott's member and serial buyer of stuff i dont need :D

Comment

I tie my hairs to spade end hooks what I do is make the hair first, start whipping the hook on the line, lay the hair down the shank & whip over it, you might need to put a knot in the hair under the whipping. I know a lot of anglers will think it's unnecessary to mess in such a fashion but I think a finer hair especially in winter gets me more bites. for the hair I use a thin braid I picked up from a carp shop, I don't know who the maker was it's an old packet can't read the name.
        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Cheers guys, I did wonder if someone would come back and simply say super glue the hair to hook before adding main line.

Wonder if Nathan has anything to add ?.
          [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
          106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Comment

Working...
          X