Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Maver again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maver again

See Maver have done it again.
    Released 12 new poles that are better and more singier and dancier than the last batch they released only a short while ago.
    Question ?
    Are we being conned. OR ARE MAVER TELLING THE TRUTH ?
    ( SORRY BLOODY CAPS LOCK JAMMED ON ).
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Everyone brings out lighter, stiffer, better poles, it's just that maver do it more often...
    I don't think i'd want to buy a new pole if the advert said.. '' Heavier and droopier than the last model''

Carl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

Look on the bright side,last years model should drop in price and second hands will be plentiful on flea bay.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

That should have been your opinion Jay, not a statement of fact
        Last edited by stevelockett; 8 October 2009, 03:11 PM. Reason: possibly inflammatory or defamatory statement
        I want an end peg

Comment

friends of mine paid alot of money on top end mavers and within the year all of them got rid of them because if you look at them funny they break. Also if you buy a top end pole to last a few years before upgrading the model you have is not a current model and as stated the resale value falls out of the sky, if you have had a maver for a couple of years you WILL have bought at least a dozen sections....best bet is to stay away and spend your money on a better quality company

Comment

:d :d :d
            [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

I was talking to a sponsored angler last week(who will remain anonymous) and he told me Maver only actually bring out 1 new competition pole and the others just move down the line and have the graphics changed. So if you had bought a 401 last year when new out that became this years 381 and and will be next years 361 etc. I don't know how much truth there is to this but it does make sense.

Comment

Bit scary that cartersdad.
                As Maver insist that one of the benefits of the new poles is that they are stronger in the 4th,5th and 6th sections.
                To my mind they are admitting they have had a problem with them in the past.
                And, if the models are passed down the line, well ?
                On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I would suspect that to be incorrect as after two or three years they would be selling a circa £2000 pole at under £500, more likely the top of the range pole differs slightly, and those below remain the same with the graphics changed.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

I think you will find releasing new product is called development of the product. Technology changes fast and so releasing these to the public should be seen as a bonus. Sticking to the same product line up for years shows no imagination and at the end of the day less cost as there is no development. There are plenty of tarts who have to have the latest and if thats the case fair play for spending there hard earned cash

Comment

from what ive seen pole technology hasn't really moved that far in 20 years!
                      they still do the same job. some are stiffer, few are lighter!. now just as then you have to spend a fortune on a dedicated lightweight pole and still its thought by many that some of the ancients remain unrivaled even by todays standards.
                      same with most tackle really. reels are no better in my opinion. float rods as well. how much better than a abu1060 or michell match, normark microlite or daiwa whisker kevlar can you get?
                      the manufacturers are in it to make money. nothing wrong with that. but to upgrade your product range every 5 minutes is madness. as for a lack of imagination, why fix something if it isn't broken?
                      a good product is a good product end of. does it suddenly become a bad product just because its stayed the same for a few years?
                      i would rather buy the quality item once and use it til its tired or broken, then go and buy another. if it takes 20 years to break it then thats only good for me
                      north nott's member and serial buyer of stuff i dont need :D

Comment

im actually sick of hearing time and time again on this forum about people slagging maver poles off. Ive had the maver 121 now for a year had several doubles and one 22IB carp from parkers fishery. No problem whatsoever, problem these days is that people cant fish with the pole properly and play fish correctly. If you are good at fishing the pole you would be able to use a maver pole without breaking it.

Comment

Originally posted by avfc22 View Post
                          im actually sick of hearing time and time again on this forum about people slagging maver poles off. Ive had the maver 121 now for a year had several doubles and one 22IB carp from parkers fishery. No problem whatsoever, problem these days is that people cant fish with the pole properly and play fish correctly. If you are good at fishing the pole you would be able to use a maver pole without breaking it.
                          Well said mate it seems to be a popular pastime on this forum, i've had a 301 for 2 years with no problems at all, more to do with the angler than the product. It's anything to do maver, their clothing is rubbish too so are their seat boxes etc etc etc.

You must have an Airity or tourney pro it seems anything else is crap...

Carl.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

its true and all i can say bout daiwa poles ugly too heavy and the innovation will never match to maver poles

Comment

As the saying goes " why change what ain't broken " . Thats why the tourny pro has been at the top for 7 years and maver change ever year , product development my ass !

Comment

Working...
                              X