Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Now the temperatures dropping - commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now the temperatures dropping - commercials

Well we have come to that time of year again when the temp drops and the fishing enevitably becomes that little bit harder - or baits, rigs etc change.

What changes do you see on your local commercials at this time of year in terms of tactics, feeding rigs and weights?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Just started to switch to hemp and corn from pellet. Also when it gets colder will be using larger baits on the hook with no feed.
    Steve Davies

Comment

Time to get the yellow meat out soon.

Comment

just scale every thing down and hope you are fishing where the fish are congregating because they arent going to be moving very far for a meal

Comment

use more colourful baits! instead of 10mm halibuts i use maggots and corn. had a great day on saturday the carp wernt playing ball so i decided to have a go at the silverfish in the margins with maggot on the hook and feeding maggot and corn. i caught 45 gudgeon 9 rudd 2 bream and 2 smallish carp. was great

Comment

in winter i always carry a few slices of bread with me and if i am struggling i will punch a 4mil pellet of bread and fish over my normal pellet line and it usually produces a fish or two .if it works on rock hard canals why not a well stocked commercial go on you no it makes sense!
            nige cooke

Comment

Fordy.
              Go and get some anti-biotics, they should clear it up.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I scale down to 4lb main line and 2lb hooklengths i also start to use pinkies and caster instead of maggots.I did the same last year and was averaging 30lb bags of roach and skimmers.

Comment

I tend to go to the pub instead lol
                  Give it a rub and it might do something !!!!!

Comment

can,t go to pub up here their all shut lol
                    nige cooke

Comment

Too cold for you then you must be nesh LOL

Comment

i always try pepprami on a striaght lead when the temps drop u can garantee a few bonus carp

Comment

Working...
                        X