Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Handmade floats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handmade floats

I'm looking to replace a few old floats & was wondering if the handmade ones (e.g. Malman, MW, Hillbilly etc) are worth paying extra for ?
    Do you think the 'average' angler would appreciate the difference in the sensitvity & other benefits that these floats claim to have ? - Not knocking any of them just wondering

Ian
    P.s. check out the TA profile of 'Roha' he has photos of his own homemade floats.

dont get sucked in ian there are no benefits other than they are a little harder to get hold of there is a massed prodused float of equall or better quality available at a cheaper price and lets face these will be the floats that they copied
    I want an end peg

Comment

You obviously don't catch much then,if you say that.

Comment

catch enough to beat you at bewdley in the super league
        I want an end peg

Comment

with a handmade float lozza?

Comment

no with a stick float and me name is jeff my wife is lozza
            I want an end peg

Comment

you was on a crap peg tho.

Comment

no i was on the best peg in the section but with my mass produced floats i caught enough fish to win the section (my point exactly )they are after all only an indicator
                I want an end peg

Comment

we are not worthy.

Comment

you may be one day steve if you keep using them floats
                    I want an end peg

Comment

Hand made floats are usually stronger which means they last longer.

Comment

FORDY-1 : You obviously don't catch much then,if you say that.
                        jay411 : catch enough to beat you at bewdley in the super league.......... love it

And thanks for all the replies lads, food for thought.

Comment

Buy your normal floats and then give them a coat of Hard As Nails. Always put a silicon over the float tip.
                          Now you'll have virtually unbreakable floats like me.
                          The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
                          Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
                          Check out:
                          www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
                          log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

I have just started using some malman floats and have to say that im very impressed with them. I will be ordering some more soon. Very strong floats and very well made. Not had a chance top use all the patterns that I bought but I really liked the cedar and snake 4 versions.

Comment

i recently had some hillbilly floats bought for my birthday.(after dropping several hints) the quality is miles better than shop bought floats. probably wont help me catch more but i love em. cost just over £2 ish + pp. and are very strong. i will definitly buy more when needed. it was a pleasure to deal with him too.

Comment

Working...
                              X