Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

white acres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white acres

i have just come back from white arces and the fishing was very bad i have been going to this venue now for close on 15 years and always caught plenty of fish on matches and pleasure sessions but i have to tell you something is wrong with this venue i know they had khv but think the promblem is more serious matchmen and top anglers sitting thier and catching 2 and 3lb in 5 hrs and some even blanking lakes being won with 20lb i just dont think the fish are in these pools anymore some anglers even think pools have been netted and fish spread around the venue
    have to say worst fishing i have ever had thier and dont think i will be going back again on anorther point a lot of anglers have been having thier tackle stolen from thier vans

im off there this weekend

Comment

i went mid september no problems at all , weights were down a little but with the warm weather we were having i just think they had switched off.
      the weights on the festivals were ok in the last couple of weeks and this maybe the problem with all the bait going in and the hammering it has taken in those weeks .
      the tackle theft is a different problem and needs sorting out as i have heard of this a couple of times now

Comment

1 van was hit ,had 20k of kit nicked.

Comment

hope the guy was insured!!

that is really bad and you would think the venue would think about a secure car park!

Comment

Just came back from there myself last week never heard of anyone having anything stolen that week fishing was very hard in matches but had some great pleasure sessions on polawyn and sycamore method and straight lead best my daughter and boyfriend who dont fish caught over 30 carp to 10 pound last friday on sycamore peg 5 and had 10 in 2 hours on polawyn peg 16 both good pegs on them lakes pellet and corn on hook im sure you will have a great time im looking forward to going back love the place.

Comment

im looking forward to it.

not been there for a long time now

Comment

what strength hook length and hook size were they using?

Comment

i used stroft 0.16 when fishing dead red on a 16 hook and 0.18 on method wouldnt go to light unless your really strugling and know fish are there.

Comment

0.18 it is then ::-)

will pop down Lobbys before i go down to see what i can pick up.

If they dont have everything i will pick a few bits from white acres tackle shop

Comment

Yes i agree the fliers are still producing, i had a fantastic day on 14 on polywin with the straight lead with 15 to 20 carp but if you go on a non noted peg you will struggle to even catch roach, and twin oaks which is regulary won with at the least 80lb plus is being won with half or even less there must be a reason for it, i agree they may have switched of because of the battering with the festivals, i have heard there will 23 on next year which cant be good for the fishing! soon tel next year if they have just switched off or if there is another problem?? either way i think when the stocking ban has been lifted i think it will return to its former glory.
                      licence dodger

Comment

Working...
                      X