Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Bl***y F1's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bl***y F1's...

Arrrrrggghhhhh!!!...The bites these finicky beggars, were giving me the other day, 'twas driving me radio!!!!...

Any advice on hitting bites (Or even seeing 'em) most welcome...Whats your experience of these 'temprement testing terrors'...

Driving me nuts, they was...(Cookoo)

ps...It was Long Pole deep...(They weren't feeding shallow)

dot the float right down and fish dead depth. if you still struggle to see the bites push your bottom 2 droppers together 2 inch from the hook similar to the hook in the loop method this should amplify the tiny dips into positive pull downs

Comment

Originally posted by andybk View Post
      dot the float right down and fish dead depth. if you still struggle to see the bites push your bottom 2 droppers together 2 inch from the hook similar to the hook in the loop method this should amplify the tiny dips into positive pull downs
      Interesting...Do they not 'feel' two droppers, moved together then, I get the feeling, that getting everthing 'balanced', is crucial to getting more 'Fish to Bites' with the varmints...

ie...Light as conditions, will allow, after thinking about it afterwards, I came to the conclusion, they were 'feeling' a too-heavy rig???

Comment

Hitl best for solid venues,just fish ALL ur shot in a bulk,dot the float,fish from dead depth to 2" over depth,put ur float 4" from the pole and lift 6" at any dip,feed small amounts regularly.what venue? cause at places like tunnel barn u want light rigs /small hooks etc,manor farm and larford ,u can use 14/16 hooks with 6mm pellet.thats in winter.

Comment

'Manor farm and larford ,u can use 14/16 hooks with 6mm pellet.thats in winter'.[/QUOTE]

How weird is that ??? As Manor is also a 'hammered' venue...You'd think the same would apply as Tunnel ??

But yes. I'm thinking more Tunnel Barn...

Comment

generally lighter rigs ,thin line small hooks there.

Comment

I always feel that once the weather starts to chill, it brings out the finicky nature of the Crucian in them so it's time for the finest presentation you can get away with and try to hit everything.
              [COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
              [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
                generally lighter rigs ,thin line small hooks there.
                How small, do you go there then??...20/22's ?? & is it best to 'work the bait' ??...

I know they pick fish off one line, then switch to another, just how I like it!

ie : Working for your fish, but stow-me! These b***ers are summat else...

Comment

18 maybe 20 when real cold,f1 s allways work the bait,90% of bites are before the bait hits the deck.dribble a few micro in regular .

Comment

Originally posted by Pete M View Post
                    I always feel that once the weather starts to chill, it brings out the finicky nature of the Crucian in them so it's time for the finest presentation you can get away with and try to hit everything.

Interesting observation that Pete!...

Comment

Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
                      18 maybe 20 when real cold,f1 s allways work the bait,90% of bites are before the bait hits the deck.dribble a few micro in regular .
                      Many thanx...

Comment

Working...
                      X