Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The Glorious 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Glorious 16th

Well Larry Teapot and myself were reminiscing earlier on the shoutbox about river fishing and sometime after the glorious 16th of June we may actually give it a go At the moment BrianG is dusting down his 14' spliced tip rod in readiness so just a thought?, how many active members are active riverites? I'm afraid I have lapsed badly into pool-itis but the possibility of a river get together is a bit interesting.
    PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

yes why not do it on the 16th that would be brill. I used to fish rivers all the time but not in recent years... come on get it on then
    :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
    [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

I must say I love my river fishing and getting a running line going through - was bought up on small rivers and stick float fishing. Still get to fish rivers when in Ireland but these days my fishing over here is mainly canals and commercials!
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Ejayar &amp;Teepots trip down memory lane and Gardeners doing the dusting

i really fancy this......picking the venue will be another tuffy, so far i have mentioned lido at Stratford,Evesham town waters,these are just 2 with easy access any others??lets not let this disappear into oblivion..... Ejayar i am sure will have some ideas too......all that mud,boats, and moving water i am sure will be to much for some of you cissys but you can come too
        In darkness we do what we can
        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

A lot of the problems on the rivers were with steep and dangerous banks so a lot of the Severn might be tricky for the less mobile, I would probably favour somewhere on the Avon (Warks) but I'm sure there are many nice streches of other rivers that could accomodate a few TA river anglers
          PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

Have to say I make a point of taking the day off work and being on the bank on the 16th every year. Used to go on the Teme until it got too busy, last couple of years have been spent on the Warks Avon.
            Paul Webster

[IMG]http://astwoodbankac.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/fishy.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.astwoodbankac.co.uk"]http://www.astwoodbankac.co.uk[/URL]

Comment

Can't make Saturdays. I'll let you know how the River Avon at Wick fishes in Jully! Safe stands I'm told!
              John - Kingfisher
              Talk Angling Senior Member
              Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

cant we fish one of the in form rivers like the wye??? god knows who runs those waters though
                :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
                [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

the wye in hereford would not be a problem.some easy banks there and im sure woody would put us on a few fish ,,,but it tends to fish better in the colder months
                  In darkness we do what we can
                  In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I fish the 16th every year, mainly on the Derwent at Borrowash Derby. It always turns up a few good fish 9 lb 8 oz Barbel and a couple of mid 4lb chub last year.

Comment

Just realised that the 16th is a Saturday this year, and I'm off . Only downside is that it will be busy and probably a lot will be booked up already for the day
                      PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

Working...
                      X