Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Where do we stand?? Underhand tactics in Supercup -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do we stand?? Underhand tactics in Supercup -

AT Club supercup....

We gave our opposition 4 potential dates for the match all of which were given to them more than 3 weeks prior to the first of the potential match dates.

The other side insisted they couldnt fish any of these dates and wanted the 13th May as the date (we cant do that date as the water is not available that day as its booked to a club and we have anglers away in Ireland - the other side have been told this)

We phoned their captain from our meeting last night and he still insists he wants the 13th May - he then goes on to say "well you perviously agreed the 13th May so we are sticking with that".... we never agreed the 13th and never have - they are blatantly lying and causing trouble!!!

Where do we stand now??? And does anyone else have problems with other teams as this is the first time I have fished in this club supercup and it has been more trouble than anything!
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

one of the teams we are up against pulled out because it could not agree dates with the other one....the rules are on the AT home page...but i aint sure how you gonna get round them saying its agreed
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Your mistake was telling them you had anglers away in Ireland. They were bound to insist on that date then. Sounds like stalemate, can you get an adjudication from the AT.

Comment

If the water is not available you can't do that date anyway. Thing is some teams take this way too seriously and are desperate and i mean DESPERATE to win, in fact the word club should probably be taken out the title. About time that sportmanship returned

Comment

Yeah I agree, loads of these teams seem to have ringers fishing for them and you are right they are desparate to win - dont think it has very much to do with true club anglers any more... and sportsmanship - forget that we arent anything like cricket!

This tie is getting so serious now its turning into a right grudge match and there will be an all in fight at this rate! Our team captain is even arranging for the environment agency to come down and check licences in the hope that one of their team doesnt have it with them!!! Its all gone a bit too far now!

And the chances of getting AT to arbitrate I think is zero now - so what happens if we just cant agree?? I reckon their team should be disqualified as they were given the dates and now they are blatantly lying!!
          Simon Young
          Admin

Comment

The supercup's a joke i'm afraid, loads of teams have sponserd anglers fishing for them, the argument " well i only get a few pellets/ bits, I haven't had anything from them in ages" always comes out. I've seen many a argument kick off & nearly end up in blows regarding this. AT don't want to intervene even when evidence is presnted that a Angler fishing
            is clearly sponserd.

Comment

define a sponsored angler......whats ATs idea of a sponsored angler ...if TA give me a tee shirt am i sponsored ......maybe it should be thrown open to anyone who wants to put a team in....would be good to see the big teams fall at first hurdles...
              In darkness we do what we can
              In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Where is the problem, the home team is responsible for arranging the venue and providing a number of alternative dates, it is then up to the opposition to accept one of those dates, if they cant make any then they loose by default, it seems to me that all both home teams have to do is stick by their guns and let the other teams do all the shouting, at worst contact Mark Sawyer give him the details and let him sort it, to be absolutely certain turn up on one of the proposed dates you have then met the competition rules and obligations.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Larry teapot fished the last round and he gets sponsored.Last saturday on the canal he was sponsored by chris rice.He received free squats,and free pinkies.He received these gifts when the PELLET didnt work!This boy is getting mighty confused.On a serious note,as already stated the home team are in the driving seat,and i bet this other team end up taking one of the dates offered.If not then tough.In your position i would hope they dont turn up.Isnt the round after the semi,nice.
                  cornerstone.

Comment

Just don't enter it!!!
                    It is not a "Clubman"" competition!
                    It is a money making venture for AT & encourages fishing mercenaires to form a "club" specifically to enter the competition!!
                    Steer clear

Comment

The definition of a sponsored angler is one who receives tackle for free.... I am technically sponsored individually but I dont receive anything for free - I just get stuff at trade minus a percentage..... however I am a fully paid up member of our local club, we have meetings every other week and organise a full schedule of club only matches so I have no quarms about fishing for the team as I'm not a ringer who just turns up on the day to guest for a team!
                      Simon Young
                      Admin

Comment

A couple of years ago we were lucky enough to qualify for the semi final at tunnel barn farm. We were up against some big name teams like Notts AA and some of them had even organised midweek practice matches.
                        Our team were all club anglers, and when we turned up on the day most of us had never fished the place before. Needless to say we were totally outclassed and finished last. I really enjoyed the experience, but I did feel a bit like we were out of our depth on the day.

Comment

Royst;
                          You should be used to being out-classed, your a Villa fan.

[IMG]http://koszog.rx8.eu/_horg/garbolino_350.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Our club has hassle every year with it, it is a complete joke. Until A/T make some hard and fast rules that everyone must abide by there is too much room for cheating

Comment

dont bother fishing it anymore our club recognised early doors its got all to do with clubs and soley match 'teams' and its poorly organised when you get to the semis and the payout is iffy. our club did a semi at baden hall years ago when mr sawyer decided to re number the permanent pegs total chaos ensued. people arguing over pegs especially a good un. incorrect results announced scores wrong etc. give a wide berth and leave the desperados to it.
                              the carrot bites back:D
                              ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Working...
                              X