Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Personal Best Perch @ Cob House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Best Perch @ Cob House

Not sure where to shout about it but..
    Got the day off work so thought it and went up to Cob House for the day.
    After about an hour of nailing loads of decent Roach from the off i hit into what i though was a small carp on single red maggot but no it was a proper decent perch of 3lbs 2ozs smashing my best by 2lbs.
    I knew perch tend to shoal together in size so moved from a size 18 to a 16 and stuck a couple of reds on the hook and after about 5 minutes hit into another one 3lbs 4oz then did another 2 fish of similar size.
    After the Perch stopped playing the rudd moved into the swim and i nailed some decent fish fishing single maggot on the drop.

Sods law today was the first session for ages where i havent had my camera so only have some crappy mobile phone camera pics.

All in all i am chuffed to bits with todays session.

BUNGLE

Well done mate,shame about the pics.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Nice Fish........... Been a long time since i had some proper perch.....what a great fish there are
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Nice one mate, I'll pm you my number, so if you catch any more, I can go running for the Canon. I have heard of 2 fish that size coming out this year, one of which I weighed on our digi scales at exactly 3lbs, so to catch 4 in a session is amazing !! Very well done. think how great that would look oin the Angling press - for you and us!!!

Was thinking of maybe having a perch session soon based on those catches, so now you've convinced me!
        [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

well done nice fish

Comment

Here's one pic bungle sent me.... we'll get some better ones on saturday mate!!

Comment

Nice fish !
              Perch are just about my favorite fish, never had one any where near 3lb but how many peoples first fish as a kid must've been a little perch on worm or maggot

Comment

This might be a bit better?

Comment

Hey, stop playing with me pixels!!
                  Next thing, you'll be overlaying a cormorant in it's gob....... why do I get the feeling I may regret saying that??

Comment

Originally posted by Ian.B View Post
                    Nice fish !
                    Perch are just about my favorite fish, never had one any where near 3lb but how many peoples first fish as a kid must've been a little perch on worm or maggot
                    You know where to come then mate for your 3lber... my best is 2 - 12!!

Comment

Originally posted by fish farmer View Post
                      Hey, stop playing with me pixels!!
                      Next thing, you'll be overlaying a cormorant in it's gob....... why do I get the feeling I may regret saying that??
                      Its a cracking fish,just trying to make it look a bit better,but without spending a lot of time you can only do so much,i had a 19 in feb on a quick visit with my away day kit,camera batts flat,no spares,photo taken with an all singing all dancing phone,crap result, gutted or what.

Comment

Oh no! You'll have to come and have a go at our monsters then mate.... I could find some special bait!

Comment

I know i keep threatening to turn up.you could be sorry for making the offer.

Comment

We'll sort something out soon mate

Comment

Working...
                            X