Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

casting the feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• casting the feeder

i am having a problem when i am casting the feeder that when i reel back in the hook length is wrapped around the mainline or feeder itself,
    my hooklengths are 8 to 10 inches, it is nearly everytime with a maggot feeder and a lot of the time with a cage feeder

Try feathering the line on the cast, just before the feeder lands, so the hooklength straightens out.

Comment

i have tried that, just pulling the rod tip back slightly before it hits the water or stopping the line with my finger, it is also on a line clip so if it goes full distance there is a dead stop to the cast, but the hooklength must already be twisted around the mainline or feeder

Comment

How are you setting the feeder up ???? and if running how are you stopping the feeder going onto the hook length ???
        A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

use a small silicone sleeve on the hooklink so it will be hald away from the feeder should be fine and stop the tangles.[or heres a simple feeder rig no tangles.http://www.5min.com/Video/Attaching-a-Ledger-Rig-8774

Comment

thanks for the replies lads, my set up is a swivel on the line then a korum quick change bead for the hooklength. i tie a long loop about 12 inchesfor the feeder to slide up and down then i tie a small loop with the korum bead at the bottom about 3/4 inch long so i have a free running feeder that stops about 3/4 inch away from the hooklength bead

Comment

Working...
            X