Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Rod Pod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Pod

So, im looking for a rod pod for my nephews birthday and thought I'd ask your opinions, i was thinking of going for the Nash hooligun pod. Doesn't seem too expensive and more suited to a relative beginner. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Ian

Not the most adjustable type of pod,but they are strong and stable,this type of pod is well suited to carp fishing,not suited to predator fishing but if thats not an issue then its a very good 1st pod.Regards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

I use a fox 'stalker' pod. I find it easy to fold away etc. - it has special locking levers, so no unscrewing everything! I use it when pike fishing as I don't do any carp fishing with alarms, but it is designed for carp mailnly.
      [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

unless he's fishing on hard banks or concrete, a good quality set of bank sticks wins hands down. pods are horrid things for margin fishing.

but if a pod is the only thing he wants then the nash aint a bad start.
        north nott's member and serial buyer of stuff i dont need :D

Comment

Originally posted by fish farmer View Post
          I use a fox 'stalker' pod. I find it easy to fold away etc. - it has special locking levers, so no unscrewing everything! I use it when pike fishing as I don't do any carp fishing with alarms, but it is designed for carp mailnly.
          With this type of pod,where do you put your dropoffs,ok for 2 rods but not more?

Comment

Originally posted by richard e. View Post
            unless he's fishing on hard banks or concrete, a good quality set of bank sticks wins hands down. pods are horrid things for margin fishing.

but if a pod is the only thing he wants then the nash aint a bad start.
            I use independant sticks as well as goalpost set ups,but have found numerous occasions when only a pod will do the job,yet to find an occasion when it wont.Regards Peter.

Comment

I use fox drop offs, but can't remember the type name - rod sits on the alarm, which operates a switch buttton, then indicators (movement-activated ones similar to the ones in your pic) push into the bottom, so not a prob on my pod - except I had to buy 2 more accessories which were the usual fox rip-off price!

Comment

Originally posted by fish farmer View Post
                I use fox drop offs, but can't remember the type name - rod sits on the alarm, which operates a switch buttton, then indicators (movement-activated ones similar to the ones in your pic) push into the bottom, so not a prob on my pod - except I had to buy 2 more accessories which were the usual fox rip-off price!
                Micron ps mate, im too tight to buy the adaptors,so if i use 3 or 4 rods i use an old pod i adapted myself,not as stable but does the job.do you know if the still do the adaptors, ive got a mate who wants a pair.Regards Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
                  Micron ps mate, im too tight to buy the adaptors,so if i use 3 or 4 rods i use an old pod i adapted myself,not as stable but does the job.do you know if the still do the adaptors, ive got a mate who wants a pair.Regards Peter.

Not sure Peter, had them a couple of years now. Probably just as good to attach the cable to the buzz bar with a bag tie or something The new ps comes with a drop off arm with clip for attachin to, presumably, a bankstick or pod with round profile

Comment

Have a look at this mate i bought one for my lad for a beginner it is sound.Dinsmore Complete Rod Pod with 2 Bite Alarms - NOW ONLY £24.99!!

Comment

Working...
                    X