Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

spin traces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spin traces

bought some spin traces off ebay, are these going to be any good to use for my pike and perch rigs with a live or deadbait

No mate,they are only designed to be used with lures,plugs and spinners etc.they should come with a swivel at one end(to attatch to your main line)and a snap link on the other for your lure etc.Regards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

can i not put a treble on the snap link and use it as a single
      matt

Comment

It is of course possible,but would cause too many problems,also most spinning traces are too short for bait fishing,its far better to buy ready made(snap tackles)or the best option is to make your own.
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

yes i thought that they were a bit short but i thought maybe they would be ok for perch or with a big single hook

Comment

Thing is mate, if you are using them with live / dead baits for perch, you are still likely to attract a pike, so the trace would be too short really, as Peter says
            [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

looks like investing in some lures i bought 72 traces for £6

Comment

A bargain...... !
                [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Working...
                X