Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Which pole elastic lube is the best ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pole elastic lube is the best ?

Hi guys i use slip pole elastic lube but a mate of mine uses no more tears baby shampoo whats your choice is there any more weird alternatives out there lol ::d :d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000]Phil's Tackle[SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/index.html[/url]

1: Hair conditioner watered down ( no good for me as i've got no hair).
    2: STP Son of a Gun...( your elastic will last for years using this stuff).
    3: If you're a tightwad...plain old lake water.
    I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

diluted comfort or lenor is ok

Comment

WD40 - won't rot your laccy..... honest!

How am ya Jase ?
        [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

mate only one for me son of a gun is the way to go ive used other products watered down as above but still not as good as sun of a gun mate
          [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Since using doubled up lackie (Preston Slip) I have not found the need to add any lube to it as it works fine without.

However, should you need to lube your lackie, in the past i have used watered down hair conditioner.

Ask the wife beforehand though as the one i nicked was apparently £15 a bottle

I then used herbal essences after a right bollocking and anyway it smelt nicer too

Comment

Conditioner or shampoo will rot elastic, I use either water or occassionally Son of a Gun or Amour All which is the same, mainly using it when I first put the elastic in then not again. I've had elastics in over 10 years with no problem!

Comment

Is that a definite that conditioner will rot elastic? Is it a detergent? Only while i was using it i never had a problem until i changed over to hollow back in the day.

Comment

Used comfort/lenor years ago and it deffo rots elastic. Moved onto hair conditioner due to availability (two blondes in the house!) and it was ok but tended to stay in the top kit too long and then congeal if you're not careful. It also acts as an attractant for dirt and grit meaning you have to keep flushing your top kits regularly. Been on the armourall/son of a gun about six years now and yet to have a problem apart from with pure latex which I put down to it being crap.
                  Top and bottom of it is solid elastics up to and including No6 you shouldn't need any lube other than water, if you do then your set up is wrong.
                  Anything over a No6 then use son of a gun/armourall if you think you need it.
                  MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Originally posted by Plummet View Post
                    Is that a definite that conditioner will rot elastic? Is it a detergent? Only while i was using it i never had a problem until i changed over to hollow back in the day.
                    Not sure mate, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle tart View Post
                      1: Hair conditioner watered down ( no good for me as i've got no hair).
                      2: STP Son of a Gun...( your elastic will last for years using this stuff).
                      3: If you're a tightwad...plain old lake water.
                      Seems I'm a tight git, but I am from Yorkshire.
                      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Council pop!
                        HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

hi fishfarmer dunno about your wd40 i think i might lose to many top kits but no sticky joints i guess
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000]Phil's Tackle[SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/index.html[/url]

Comment

armorite silicon spray what you clean the car dash with you can buy from any car accesory shop great lasts for ages a couple or three quid hope this helps tight lines

Comment

hair conditioner cheaper lol

Comment

Working...
                              X