Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

More Nice Perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Nice Perch

After catching 4 perch around the 3lb mark last week, Bunglethebear came to Cob House again today with strict instructions from me to repeat his catch and store them in a keepnet (yes i know teepot, but it was a special occasion!!) so I could photograph them.

When I went to see if he was trying hard enough, he promptly whipped out a nice perch in front of my very eyes! Although not one of the specimens he had last week, the fish went 1lb 14 on the Reuben Heatons and scrapped like a carp, stripping line from the clutch and fooling us into thinking it was somewhat larger.

The pressure to perform seemed to get to bungle and he lost 2 better fish during the day, but landed another nice stripey just 2 ounces lighter when I went back to see him in the late afternoon.

Red maggot and worm were the winning baits and the Worcester rod took some sizeable rudd and roach during the session too.

Well done Matt mate, no pressure next time - you got me number, I got the camera!!

The pics below don't do the fish justice - next timme we'll pose 'em a bit better and hold them out at arm's length like the carp boys do.

Last edited by fish farmer; 31 October 2009, 11:59 PM.
    [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

a little cropping?
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

special occasion....... im gonna have one of them off you....in my quest for grayling
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Thanks for the cropping Hurricane... now you can tell Bungle you got him legless!!

Teepot - I know a little stretch of Teme that has grayling in.. no keepnets allowed though!!

Comment

Was that taken on Saturday Phil as i heard someone saying they had some nice Perch.

Comment

Yes mate.

Comment

Working...
            X