Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

how much are you willing to pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much are you willing to pay

There is a new fishery opened nr me The price for a days fishing is £10.I normally pay between £5 and £7 depending on which fishery i go to do you think £10 is too much especially as winter is upon us and you cant fish for as long as some fisheries reduce prices for the winter. Any thoughts lads.

Yes, far too much unless you live down south and earn a fortune!

Comment

It's a free market. people are free to choose.

If they're charging too much for what you get then people won't go, and they won't make money.

Comment

Depends on whats in there,most of the specimen day ticket waters i fish charge £1.00 per hr+, but for that i expect a decent chance of a BIG fish and the use of at least 2 rods,if its a typical commercial then it seems a little expensive,other things do have a bearing on cost,my syndicate water sounds expesive,but the facilities,exclusivity,safety and general peace and tranquility make it imo good value for money,at the end of the day its down to the individual as to wether they consider a venue is value for money.Regards Peter.
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Specimen lake not open yet it,s still filling up apparently so no Big uns at moment.

Comment

£5 - £6 and no more!
            Steve Davies

Comment

It used to be £10 for twelve hours at Cromwell Lake, nr Newark. £20 for a day & night session. Very nice venue though , other than the weed & gin clear water

Comment

it seems expensive,but if he can get anglers in at that price,it must be half decent.Im tighter than a ducks harris,but i would sooner pay £10 for a good days fishing,than £6 for a poor days sport.

Comment

Well it,s a new fishery with 60 acres so i think there are 7 pools but i was talking to someone who has been and blanked so not to sure. but i do think it,s a bit to Much to pay especially as it,s a new fishery.

Comment

just out of interest how much are moorelands and woodland view charging nowadays, i have not fished them for about 8 years or so but they were charging £7 odd then.

Comment

Sounds to me like another money making venture run by people who know nothing about fishing and are in it for the money. Few do a good job of it and then wonder why they cant make it pay. Like said earlier people will vote with their feet.

Comment

Depends on what sort of fish it holds to be honest i would willingly pay £10 if the pool held big carp, tench and bream.

I pay on average around £5 for a days fishing and on the odd occasion £3 but never over £7.
                        The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
                        [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

No more than £8 for a days fishing.

Ive been to places that charge £10 so i try to get there as early as possible and leave when kicked off just to get my moneys worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick D View Post
                            i try to get there as early as possible and leave when kicked off just to get my moneys worth.
                            I do that any way lol
                            The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
                            [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

6-00 moorlands 7-00 woodlands view, i've heard its about 8-00 for a brekkie at woodlands, found nice cafe in droitwich open 7am sunday, nice food brekkies from 3.50

Comment

Working...
                              X