Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Ireland or Holland/Denmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland or Holland/Denmark

Fellas..

I was going to France carping for my 40th, but alas since moving to a Carp desolate county of Lincolnshire ive got back into my match fishing in a big way..

Hense a change of plans and for my 40th b'day at the end of next April (29th), i may look at going somewhere to catch a few fish...

Ireland/Holland or Denmark,

Ive been Ireland approx a dozen times before and loved the fishing and the "Craic" but im not sure if the fishing is as it used to be.. So maybe somewhere different maybe an option..

Whats your thoughts..??

Cheers Ian
    Effort = Reward.

Fished some matches on the Trent this year, all new faces to me other than one person (who told me about the club), Anyway, in conversation one day three of them were talking about their annual trip/s to Holland. They said it knocks spot off Ireland (where they used to go) & regularly catch 100lb+ skimmers/bream in a session.
    Not sure if that is in matches though & just so you're aware they are big into their river/feeder fishing...... & Dutch beer drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by ian_kent View Post
      Fellas..

I was going to France carping for my 40th, but alas since moving to a Carp desolate county of Lincolnshire ive got back into my match fishing in a big way..

Hense a change of plans and for my 40th b'day at the end of next April (29th), i may look at going somewhere to catch a few fish...

Ive been Ireland approx a dozen times before and loved the fishing and the "Craic" but im not sure if the fishing is as it used to be.. So maybe somewhere different maybe an option..

Whats your thoughts..??

Cheers Ian
      Been going to Ireland on the Shannon for 5 years and this year was the worse ever due to the severe floods they had but i wouldn't miss it for the world , we have a cracking time with a great set of lads and who knows , the fishing could be the best ever next year. I know a few lads that have been to Holland an they stay in one pub because the other is that far away , everyone to their own i suppose

Comment

Holland knocks Ireland into a cocked hat!
        The fishing is great, and you can still chase some huge carp if you wanted to? You have the rivers, canals and lakes so you can mix it and fix a few methods in a week
        The people and culture are brilliant, most speak english so no worries there.
        For me its Holland every time!
        Can't catch enough.....

Comment

I don't agree here! I fish Holland weekly and its not all that. Don't get me wrong it can be good like anywhere else!But no guaranty !From what i can gather is, all the high weights are over the whole day 6 to 8 hours fishing....
          I certainly wouldn't put it above Ireland or Denmark which i have also fished regular. Denmark alot more ,never the less!

Comment

Originally posted by ian_kent View Post
            Fellas..

Whats your thoughts..??

Cheers Ian

Lincolnshie, carp desolate? There's loads of good carp lakes in lincolnshire!

Comment

Either one and you'll get knobbled with the Pound-Euro exchange rate at the moment!

I love Holland for fishing, and tis the home of Heineken to boot (any country that does a beer thats larger than a pint gets my vote).

Comment

Get yourself onto the Waterways Ireland Classic fishing festival, I go every year - the fishing isnt always brilliant but the crack is the best on earth! This year its from the 26th April to 30th.
                Simon Young
                Admin
                Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

hi ya forget goin abroad get yaself down to clawford vineyard absolutely brilliant place u have a lake to yourself most days fishing is great and the food and the accommadation is second to none ive been going with friends for the past 10 yrs check out there web site,i used to go to ireland every year but stopped 3 yrs ago it just got worse each year we stopped in enniskillen the folk were great but the fishing wasnt worth goin

Comment

Hi.
                    i'm with Nathan on that one, load of carp lake in and around that area.
                    all the best steve.

Comment

Working...
                    X