Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Slamo disgorgers How do you use them???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slamo disgorgers How do you use them???

Been catching perch and eels which have been deeply hooked and having trouble un hooking. Was told to use a slamo disgorger, How do you use them

Just the same Rob, I think the difference is that the design of the Slamo means it shields the point of the hook after unhooking & there's less chance of the hook catching inside the fishes mouth again as you bring it out - what it looks like to me anyway & it works.

Comment

Try the Exceed, I must say I think they are better than the Slamo, but that's only my opinion.
      The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Comment

Tried Slamo's plenty of times and just can't get them to work easily. The principle is you slide the line through the slot in the head loop and then slide down to the hook. I can never get the line to stay inside the loop.
        Have to agree with Jeff, since using the Ex-ceed, it stays on the line pretty much every time and locates the hook well.
        The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
        Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
        Check out:
        www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
        log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Slamo's are excellent. I have no problems with using them. Ive used them for years now.

Comment

Bought an Exceed after reading about them and must say it is a very good bit of kit and I would recommend them.

Comment

Working...
            X