Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fish thefts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish thefts?

Do you guys think this is going on much? I was down my lake yesterday when a lad comes down and says he can get me some decent carp and what will I pay for them?.... now I'm thinking - thats nice, you offer to steal for me and you are also probably thinking of stealing from me at the same time - I polietly told him that I'm not interested but that if I caught anyone stealing my fish they would be in big trouble.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Why do you presume that he was going to steal them? Maybe has a contact or something!
    OK you may well be right however there is always a BUT?!!!!

If you know for sure hes a thief then set him up lol one less to worry about..

Comment

how long you been out of uk Andrew?
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

sounds like you need some sort of perimiter fencing simon ? - i think i'd have rag-dolled him to the waters edge and frightened him to death then called the rozzers in - they'd have given it some thought, visited me three days later to charge me with assault after the scrote's parents complained........you did well to keep your hands off him
        Sean Hanrahan

Comment

Ive been out of the UK for more than 20 years ! Mind you whats that got to do with anything? The prisons are full over here as well to the brim !Actually been there and done allot myself lol in true bad boy style!lol

Like i said if your sure hes going to nick them then set him up befriend him and then drop the sh.it in the shi,t

Comment

no need for the swearing........it seems you are a little behind english ways.They are all scroats cant remember the last time i came across a youth on commission from a fish farm.Guilty till proved innocent over here now mate...times they are a changing
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

You were dead right to turn him away Simon, I wouldn't buy anything from people coming selling at my door so to buy at the waters edge would be considered dodgy.
              I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
              He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

I'd have tried to get his name and details and then handed them over to the EA mate. If they are ever going to stop fish theives, they need to know who they are or might be!
                [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot View Post
                  no need for the swearing........it seems you are a little behind english ways.They are all scroats cant remember the last time i came across a youth on commission from a fish farm.Guilty till proved innocent over here now mate...times they are a changing
                  Swearing??? What does scroat mean ? isn't that swearing? pfff

Behinds English ways lol hows that?
                  Sad sad mentality is what your saying ,mind you its the same in Germany for sure ,perhaps its a people thing then and not some segregated backward way of thinking as you put it! A personal opinion or is that a thing of the past now in the UK?

you wrote....never put down to malice what could be put down to stupidity.....we were all young once....
                  doesn't this remark of your apply anymore or is it out of context? lol

Like i said it would be easy to set someone up ! Not dangerous to ones self.....

please lets not argue just present reasonable argument!
                  Last edited by andrew65; 6 November 2009, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Its definitely going on Simon, we had a group of so called 'carp' fishermen on our lake seen removing fish by a dog walker last year on my village lake.
                    The so called bunch also frequented a syndicate lake situated 4 mile from us.....its funny cause none of the regular 20's and 30's we have in the lake have been caught since then. And the carpers now fish there not here...odd!
                    Its only a village 4 acre lake and never policed, so easy to steal.
                    The inspiration behind the Maver C-Loc method feeder.

Comment

ive heard that some of our eastern european friends are pouching carp to eat. Can only speak for the midlands area though.

Comment

Thats gone on round here - there is a pond which I got permission to net but on first survey there was NOTHING in it! Apparently loads of people have been going there and then taking the fish to a free to fish pond up the road! Mind you when a pristine 20lb carp goes for £500 and a credit crunch is on there is good enough ingredients to make enough people go nicking fish!

To answer your question Andrew - its easy enough to tell when people are on the rob when they are saying things like 'I give you a call and you come and pick them up. just bung me a few quid'.... its not rocket science!
                        Simon Young
                        Admin
                        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Does'nt take a genious to work out his intentions. Trouble is even if you set a trap the police do nothin. you run the risk of further harassment or damage to property and even then mr plod makes somekind of excuse not to get involved. It's not until you give em slap then your in the cells. Political correctness, who needs it!

Comment

i was fishing a pool local to me,just pleasure fishing but they let you use your keepnets,so me and a couple of mates had a knock up between ourselves,just for a bit of fun,we were all catching stocky carp about a pound,when two kids walked over with a couple of buckets and offered us a quid for every carp in our nets,needless to say they went home very wet,trouble is they ruined my swim lol
                            new pb 151lb 11/08/12 oak pool,cobhouse

Comment

tut tut shame on you lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X