Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

tip fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tip fishing

As a matter of interest!! that when fishing the tip on a windy day the wind blowing against the exposed line sets up a vibration that travels to the hook and may just put the fish off ?? i think it may do so! any takers on this?? as i think so, i keep my tip as close to the surface as possible, surrounding conditions allowing.

You could try a target board to defllect some of the wind.

Comment

I find puting the tip 2in under the water makes all the difrence, but you need a bright tip to see it well

Comment

wind

i dont think that the wind makes any difference at all the vibration caused by the wind is very small and by no means enough to effect your hookbait taking into account the distance you may fish at you have more chance of movement of your hookbait as fish grub around your baited area looking for your hookbait this movement is more of an advantage to you as fish will often take your bait as it moves in front of there faces regards john rhodes

Comment

you could always fit a polaris sidewinder to the butt end, sinking the tip under water. I use this method on very windy days, and you get a much better indication by pointing the rod directly at the feeder anyway.

Comment

The vibration will travel down to the leger/feeder, and no further. Assuming you've tightened up to the weight.....

Comment

putting the tip just below the surface is the answer

Comment

Working...
              X