Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Favourite fish to catch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite fish to catch?

To F1 or not to F1 that is the question....

When stocking a new fishery would you go for F1's they seem to be everywhere... or would you go for a completely different mix of fish?

Are you fed up catching the same fish or would you prefer a mixed fishery?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Im not worried, if it swims ill try to catch it
    [COLOR="Magenta"][B][FONT="Arial Black"]The Minx[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/GemmaD/Banners/sig2.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Everyone seems to want Carp these days, it's getting to be a trend. I would rather catch decent Roach/Rudd/Perch any day. Fishery owners I know would have loved to have a silverfish fishery, but as I said people want Carp.

Comment

Crucians and Tench in an estate lake is my idea of heaven.
        There are just to many "carp" waters around nowdays, do we really need any more?
        [COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
        [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

Roach on any method that involves a float.
          Skimmers on any method that involves a float.
          Perch on any method that involves a float.
          Chub on wag n mag.
          Barbel on the feeder.
          Bream on the pole or the tip.
          Tench on any method.
          Carp on any method especially ones that others are too scared to try.
          MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

I would definately prefer a mixed fishery. It makes you think more in my opinion. Should the F1's not be on the feed you have lots of decisions to make on what species to target to do well in the match. Do you go for other decent weight builders like tench, bream and chub, or do you go all out for the Roach/rudd shoals. It all adds a bit of variety for me, and keeps me interested.

Comment

Any that helps win the match....
              [IMG]http://koszog.rx8.eu/_horg/garbolino_350.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Yes I am thinking of making one of the lakes a silvers only lake especially for winter!
                Simon Young
                Admin
                Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Personally i like waters that have a good mix of decent Tench, Bream & Carp.

Dont know what the lads up your way are like Simon but i know of at least 4 fisheries in the Midlands that created Silvers pools due to "Anglers requests" and now they are all Carp as no body wanted to fish them once they had been done.

Down here in Wales most of the waters are either silvers and or F1's and the match scene down here is pretty [email protected] on the whole.

Best of luck though in which ever way you take YOUR water.
                  [B]MALC[/B]
                  [COLOR="Red"][B]THE JINX[/B][/COLOR]

Comment

gudgeon on a whip..... perch on bits of worm....i fish for bites..anything..... its just a bit special to get on a bank some where with some guys you like.. priceless
                    In darkness we do what we can
                    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

i love catching a good mixed bag, but i love catching tench but i always end up catching carp funny. when you want carp you do not get them, when you want tench and silvers you get carp that's fishing but its fun and that's what it is all about.

Comment

got a soft spot for tench but do we need any more holes digging ? i hanker after going back to not only the trent in its pomp but also the coach matches. carp are ok but they are getting too big in many fisheries and the gear needed to land them often excludes other species from having a go but winter fishing for bites luv it. vive le difference
                        the carrot bites back:D
                        ooh you are awful!!

Comment

If I had to choose one species it would have to be the roach, there is nothing better than a bag of roach on hemp or caster, I also hanker for the good old days of the Trent and running a stick through a swim, mind you I used to be equally happy with a bag of dace of the Wye or Monnow at Monmouth.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

A nice bag of Bream. .
                            http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

it all depends how many lakes u have. i would have a match lake stuffed wiv f1s and carp wiv 100ib winning. so u make a name for yourself and more booking for matches then a silver lake then mixed lakes.. the more fish u catch the more people who come.. opens every sat/sun rakes in the cash

Comment

Working...
                              X