Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

10lb+ Tench or a 20lb Carp? which would you rather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10lb+ Tench or a 20lb Carp? which would you rather?

Tench or Carp?
    Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
    Perch-3lb
    Tench-5 1/2lb
    Carp-15lb
    Barbel-10 1/2lb
    Chub 5 1/4lb
    Roach 1 1/2lb
    Rudd 2lb
    Bream 6 1/2lb

Tench of course

Comment

there's only one way to find out fffigght

Comment

tench for me

Comment

both , a 10lb tench would be nice tho.
          "Where's my landing net handle?" :eek::eek:

Comment

10lb tench anyday of the week! A fish of a lifetime,that ;-)
            Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Done both and wouldnt care to see either again, what I really really want is a 3lb roach, then I can die with a stupid grin all over my mush! A net full, all caught on the hemp and bread would be even better lol!
              Can't catch enough.....

Comment

definately tench but like silver fish i too would prefer a 3+ roach/rudd or a 5+ perch

Comment

10lb tench every time! If you said 40lb carp it would have been a tougher decision!

Comment

where i fish on my private site lots of anglers have caught 3lb plus roach,no one bats an eyelid at a 2lb roach and that is the honest truth,i would like a 10lb eel

Comment

Originally posted by kev bell View Post
                      where i fish on my private site lots of anglers have caught 3lb plus roach,no one bats an eyelid at a 2lb roach and that is the honest truth,i would like a 10lb eel
                      Would you care to give me the information via a pritave message where these 3lb roach are coming from Kev? Come on me old yidder!

Im still dreaming of catching a 2lb roach. I've come close before, But there hard to come by on rivers and canals. Unless your Martin Bowler!

Oh and definitely a 10lb Tench for me.

Comment

There used to be a lot of big roach at Donnington David. Used bead flake on a 15ft rod with a mickey mouse float. (topper haskins, crowquill & balsa) cheers John
                        John

Comment

That should read bread flake.
                          John

Comment

Tench over carp everytime the fight in an insatnt is harder weight for weight of Tench to Carp. imo a much more sporting fish. there is something to be said about holding a 25lb+ carp in your arms tho.

good thread topic this one almost changed my mind while answering haha.
                            [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/tarks/fledger.jpg[/IMG]Fledger....... Here'.. fishy fishy fishy..:
                            Speci Carper

Comment

10lb tench every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X